Senior Director Tax
April 11, 2017
Senior Director of Tax
Dallas, TX (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? Passionate, Caring, Social, Dependable, Accountable… Being a BrinkerHead means you have an opportunity to create an unbelievable, unique experience! Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its team members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
The Sr. Director of Tax will be responsible for tax planning, strategy and execution. The role has a unique opportunity to provide thought leadership to create and implement initiatives that optimize the domestic and international tax structure along with oversight of company’s sales & use tax and property tax functions. In addition, this person will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations, as well as providing leadership for all tax audits and income tax returns.
Your Key Job Functions
- Manage, lead and motivate a team of tax professionals and managers charged with federal, state and local income tax compliance, sales and use tax.
- People leadership and staff development, including, hiring, developing, workforce planning, and performance evaluating is a key skill set requirement.
- Lead the strategy and development of all aspects of the income tax compliance and provision process, including tax account reconciliation.
- Actively engaged in efforts to drive shareholder value around the tax planning.
- Manage all relevant tax positions, including effective tax rate and tax credits and ensure that company policies and procedures comply with applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Oversee the due diligence and general tax planning related to acquisitions, dispositions and reorganizations.
- Lead the team through the management of state audit process and federal CAP audit.
- Manage external relationships with outside service providers and vendors, ensuring effective communication at all times.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through your feedback.
- Own it – I own, drive and achieve key results.
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve key results.
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner to deliver desired future results.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and active CPA required. Masters in Taxation or MBA preferred.
- 10 years of experience plus federal income tax experience with at least 5-7 years in a leadership role. This experience should ideally include significant public accounting experience preferably in Big 4 with a concentration in tax coupled with significant experience in a publicly traded organization in a leadership position.
- The ability to communicate technical subjects across multiple layers of the organization (one-on-one, written and verbal) is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must.
- Demonstrated people leadership ability, complimented by outstanding strategic tax and treasury planning and management skills.
- Strong work ethic and a well-developed sense of business acumen, coupled with a dedication to excellence in all business matters.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential..
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.