Senior Software Engineer
April 25, 2017
Engineer II Digital Marketing System
Dallas, Tx (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer – Technical Lead to be part of the IT Digital Marketing team, supporting loyalty and personalization development. This role will work with business, IT and vendor partners on a multi-year roadmap within the Digital Guest Experience program. This program consists of projects across many channels and customer touch points, and will enable Brinker to deliver a robust and relevant Guest Experience within our corporate and franchise locations. Key areas include loyalty, social monitoring and engagement systems, guest engagement features delivered through tabletop devices, personalization system utilized to streamline inbound and outbound customer experiences through all guest engagement channels, guest relations, and integration with website and mobile applications.
Your Key Job Functions
- Actively contribute to the development of Brinker’s personalization offerings, partnership development, and technical roadmaps for a market leading personalization experience.
- Support personalization capability development collaborating with other Brinker team members and our partner marketing agencies to transform and integrate their systems.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and 3rd party partners to develop conceptual architecture and physical design for Marketing applications including loyalty, campaign and engagement management systems.
- Provide inputs to project plan (tasks and estimates) for technical design, development, testing, deploy and post-production warranty.
- Work with Delivery Lead and Project Manager to plan work for self and other engineers.
- Partner with business analysts, solution architects, SMEs, and other IT team members to establish the technical vision and examine tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Collaborate with other application teams to define and implement any required interfaces for Marketing applications including various communication and engagement channels (e.g. web, mobile, table top device, social).
- Develop technical designs to meet business requirements, and review the technical designs of other engineers.
- Provide technical leadership through all phases of the projects, including design
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Feedback’s Priceless – Sees more through other’s feedback.
- Own it – Owns, drives, and achieves desired results.
- Win Together – Works across boundaries to achieve results.
- Trust Matters – Acts in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – Thinks and acts in a manner that achieves balanced results.
What You Bring to the Team
- BS/BA degree or Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Strong SDLC experience and application architecture/design background.
- At least 5 years experience as a Technical Lead role supporting projects, with at least5-7 years in digital marketing or eCommerce systems.
- Detailed functional understanding of Digital Marketing applications, interfaces and business processes
- 5+ years of familiarity with advanced analytic techniques that drive personalized experiences (e.g. content/collaborative filtering).
- 5+ years experience developing personalized marketing and experiences, digital and/or physical, leveraging sophisticated data and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of Java SE, Java EE, JMS, XML, XSL, Web Services and other application integration related technologies.
- Development experience with an understanding of REST, SOAP, UDDI, WS-Security, SOA Governance, Web Service Management tools.
- Knowledge of event processing platforms specifically the TIBCO Suite of technologies
- Solid understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations of distributed systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Be highly self-motivated to accomplish team goals in a fast paced environment sessions, unit testing, test support and deployment planning and execution.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support enter (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members enjoy companywide events and celebrations.
- Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.