Senior Instructional Designer
October 29, 2016
Sr. Instructional Designer
Dallas, Tx. (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
The Sr. Instructional Designer is responsible for the development and maintenance of Brinker International learning programs and courseware for both paper-based and digital content for hourly positions at Chili’s. This includes, but is not limited to, the development of facilitator manuals, participant materials, job aids, and other learning interventions as required.
Your Key Job Functions
- Works collaboratively with members of cross-functional teams to determine and build appropriate training solutions, materials, and media.
- Conducts needs analysis.
- Design of training content for both paper-based and digital deployment.
- Perform lesson analysis, develop objectives, write storyboards and test banks, prepare narration scripts, and specify media.
- Design appropriate interactivity for lessons.
- Demonstrate creativity, flexibility, and innovation in course design.
- Develop instructor guides, participant materials, presentation assets, and other required course materials.
- Tests and pilot materials to ensure that training needs and objectives are being met.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Interface professionally with stakeholders, business partners, and other internal clients.
- Communicate regularly on all aspects of project from development to delivery.
- Facilitate classroom and train-the-trainer sessions.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, producing quality work under deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to effectively manage changes in project scope, timelines, and priorities.
- Performs other duties as required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through other’s feedback.
- Own it – I own and drives key projects to achieve optimal results.
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve key results.
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner that achieves desired future results.
What You Bring to the Team
- 8+ years supporting corporate learning function.
- 6+ years instructional design.
- 4+ years project management
- 3+ years people management
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Effective at networking and building working relationships.
- Skilled in project management.
- Remains current with and have a thorough understanding of the latest industry technology tools and trends in education and instructional media.
- Strong instructional design, creative thinking, technical writing, and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with common industry development tools and software applications (MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Captivate, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
- Experience with/or interest in emerging learning tools and applications (eLearning, gameification, virtual environments, etc.)
- Understanding of instructional design principles.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.