Payroll Garnishment Administrator
December 22, 2016
Payroll Garnishment Administrator
Dallas, TX. (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Coordinate the garnishment process and ensure timely and accurate customer service in relation to garnishments issues. Ensure proper and accurate occurrence of file transmissions daily. Research and answer all garnishment inquiries received by mail and by phone. Monitor garnishment deductions and fees for completeness and accuracy.
Your Key Job Functions
- Daily processing and review of child support order/answers, tax levies, student loan, and writs to ensure that Brinker is compliant with all regulations.
- Daily resource person for questions on garnishment processing from internal and external customers.
- Documentation of new or changing procedures which affect the garnishment process.
- Ensure PeopleSoft data base integrity as it pertains to garnishments.
- Resolve and process intricate garnishment issues. Requires understanding of rules and regulations of garnishment processing.
- Requires timely response to all court orders within the legal timeframe set on the orders. (This includes correspondence with courts, branches, law offices and team members).
- Auditing garnishment deductions weekly and the processing of refunds if necessary.
- Auditing 3rd Party vendor to ensure vendor is in compliance with existing Service Level agreement.
- Research and correct daily disbursement file that is received from 3rd Party Vendor.
- Track daily funding and invoices, notify Treasury of funding requirements, and escalate material differences to Payroll Leadership.
- Proactive seeks out and implement new compliance items that may affect Brinker.
- Complete research and special projects related to garnishments as needed.
- Test new enhancements related to PeopleSoft upgrades and outsource program changes.
- Assist in the completion of the garnishment reconciliation.
- Deliver on Your Promises
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity and inspires trust.
- Takes personal accountability for decisions and projects.
- Produces high quality work.
- Delivers work or ensures work is delivered within deadlines and budget.
- Ensure Everything You Do Adds Value
- Aligns work with department/ brand and corporate strategies.
- Effectively prioritizes workload; stops doing what doesn’t add value.
- Measures work to evaluate effectiveness.
- Think Globally, Act Locally
- Conducts long-term planning without losing focus on near-term needs.
- Makes decisions based on organizational strategy and customers’ best interests.
- Looks for enterprise-wide issues before implementing plans, processes, or policies.
- Makes use of resources from other parts of the organization.
- Value Diversity in People and Perspectives
- Shows respect and sensitivity to the feelings and perspectives of all employees, regardless of background or position.
- Actively solicits opinions, feedback, and ideas from others.
- Engages, coaches, and develops others to build an effective team.
- Takes Worthwhile Risks
- Takes risks that support company strategy.
- Demonstrates the courage to make the hard decisions.
- Leads change to help Brinker achieve its vision with an open mind and positive attitude.
- Inspires and empowers others to innovate and take appropriate risks.
- Play Well Together
- Fosters an atmosphere of mutual respect and collaboration.
- Lends knowledge, experience, and support to help others succeed.
- Recognizes the accomplishments of others.
- Inspires others to action without relying on formal authority.
- Shares appropriate information and resources with others.
- Effectively copes with business demands and pressures.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through your feedback.
- Own it – I own, drive and achieve key results.
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve key results.
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner to deliver desired future results.
What You Bring to the Team
- High School Diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Minimum two years payroll garnishment experience.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to identify the central issue, explore resolutions and provide guidance on the best option based on circumstance.
- Working knowledge of the payroll process as well as specific experience working with multi-state garnishments is a definite plus.
- Basic accounting/math skills.
- Microsoft EXCEL ability in the intermediate level is a requirement.
- Detailed oriented, well organized; high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent telephone, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance, casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members get to enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Team member volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.