What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
This position is responsible for supporting Brinker team members and operations in strategic sourcing activities for Bakery and Grain based spend categories; desserts, breads, tortillas and other miscellaneous products, with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels.
Your Key Job Functions
Key job responsibilities include partnering with the business partners to understand sourcing needs to establish and drive cost saving targets inclusive of:
* Writing and applying procurement knowledge to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and/or Requests for Quotes (RFQs)
* Negotiating agreements with buy-in from stakeholders and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, ensuring that Brinker International receives best in class pricing for like goods and services, leveraging terms, conditions, and volumes where appropriate, managing and evaluating a portfolio of suppliers.
* This position will be responsible for addressing day to day operational issues including: project management, rollouts, Multi Market Tests, sourcing new items, and solving issues surrounding designated bakery products. The ability to collaborate with Brinker International Marketing, Culinary, Culinary Operations, Strategic Innovation and other support departments is critical.
* Proven collaboration and interpersonal skills required to build, support, and participate in cross functional teams. Work independently or with minimal supervision.
* Manage multiple projects within established timelines to stakeholder’s requirements.
* Review /analyze information to make sound project recommendations and system/process improvements.
* Provide on-going communication to business stakeholder, project team and suppliers.
* As needed, act as a point of escalation for Brinker team members in times of contract disputes or service issues.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining contact with key suppliers. Develop supplier scorecards and participate in quarterly business reviews.
* Identify new suppliers as necessary and determine the optimal set of providers for goods and services.
* Keep informed of key industry and market information including category specific trends, market conditions, and best in class suppliers. Develop working knowledge of other related fields in order to better support the Procurement organization.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
* Feedback’s Priceless – Sees more through other’s feedback.
* Own it – Owns, drives, and achieves desired results.
* Win Together – Works across boundaries to achieve desired results.
* Trust Matters – Acts in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
* Thinking Forward – Thinks and acts in a manner that achieves balanced results.
What You Bring to the Team
* Bachelor degree; equivalent business school training; or the equivalent in skill and training.
* 5+ years food purchasing experience, bakery specific experience is a plus. Restaurant or hospitality industry preferred.
* Technical Knowledge- demonstrates broad and deep technical knowledge of commodity and product procurement including specification, market trends, proficient interfacing between vendor/customer and purchasing.
* Strategic Management- ability to develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities.
* Communication Skills- excellent verbal, written and oral capabilities to deal independently with internal customers and external resources.
* Budget/Cost Control- general understanding of procurement budgeting and cost control functions, with ability to perform complex budgeting/cost control processes.
* Judgment/Decision Making- ability to make appropriate business judgments and decisions independently. Demonstrated ability to perform strategic thinking and planning.
* Problem Solving- ability to independently work through complex problems and derive innovative solutions/options.
* Negotiating/Analytical- ability to conduct complex negotiations and perform complex vendor/pricing analysis independently.
* Interpersonal Skills- ability to build effective organizational relationships inside and outside the department; ability to inspire trust via open, candid relationships, fair treatment and behavior consistent with expressed beliefs and commitments.
* Presentation Skills- ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations that will have high level impact with executive and senior level management.
* Leadership- ability to act as team leader for special task assignments; providing leadership in development of purchasing skills and specific commodity knowledge for project team members; demonstrated ability to develop subordinates by driving, delegating, supporting, coaching, and empowering.
* Computer Skills- working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Other- strong ability to elicit internal and external support; strong interpersonal skills; strong ability to work under pressure and short time lines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines as required.
* Competitive salary.
* Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
* Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
* A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
* Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
* Work/Life/Fun balance, casual and collaborative work environment.
* Team members get to enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
* Team member volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.