Business Analyst – Chili's Finance
March 7, 2017
Business Analyst – Chili’s Finance
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
The analyst will partner with Finance and Operations to provide medium to complex financial analysis support on various initiatives. The analysis will include, actual vs. plan, trend analyses, annual financial planning, and other ad hoc financial analyses.
Your Key Job Functions
- Perform review and analysis of P&L results vs Plan and identify operational steps necessary to improve sales and increase profitability.
- Proactively search out opportunities for operational improvement through analysis of trends and report to customers in an organized, easily understood format.
- Act as a key contact for Chili’s Team members (Operational and Corporate) with special requests of analysis which will be instrumental in decisions made to improve operational results.
- Provide reporting and initiative tracking to ensure all programs are in support of Operational Initiatives.
- Anticipate customer needs and take action to meet customer needs, while continuing to search for ways to increase customer satisfaction.
- On-going tracking, reporting and analysis of trends in key operating areas with established performance benchmarks.
- Determine feasibility and/or return on existing programs and proposed programs.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Feedback’s Priceless – Sees more through other’s feedback.
- Own it – I own, drive, and achieve desired results.
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve desired results.
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner that achieves balanced results.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Information Systems, Accounting, Economics or Finance); MBA a plus.
- 2-3 years related work experience.
- Restaurant Operations experience a plus.
- Ability to develop financial models.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in Excel, Hyperion Essbase, with Tableau, and SQL a plus.
- Team-oriented, ability to build relationships effectively.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance, casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members get to enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Team member volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.