June 24, 2017
This position is responsible for supporting the Strategic Innovation Team with collecting & analyzing data, developing efficient and productive kitchen designs, implementing process improvement initiatives, and supporting equipment R&D initiatives. He/she will also need to work effectively across different cross functional teams.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
Identify improvement opportunities in restaurant efficiency by performing all necessary industrial engineering studies and making sound recommendations to all concerned Brinker departments and the brands on potential process improvements.
Support the kitchen designers with capacity, throughput and volumetric analysis of kitchen layouts.
Maintain Brinker developed process tools which include providing updates, making enhancements and field training/problem solving support.
Have working knowledge of MRP/ERP Systems and managing BOMs.
Provide analytic support by collecting & analyzing data
Evaluate equipment and station designs improvements in ergonomics, operational efficiency and productivity.
Support business case development by calculating and providing the life cycle cost and / or benefits for all assigned projects
Champion the Lean manufacturing principles and techniques both internally and with their customers.
Have working knowledge of Process and Value Stream Mapping
Support industrial engineering principles, data collection methodologies and sound objective analysis.
Support and participate in all equipment testing projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research from a ABET accredited university
- Lean Six Sigma Training
- PMP, PMI-ACP, etc…
- Excellent quantitative analytics skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, VBA, PowerPoint, Visio and Word
- Ability to understand and write VBA Code to support process tools
Knowledge of food technology equipment
Basic knowledge of food science, food chemistry, food microbiology and general food processing
- Strong ability to understand, analyze and solve business problems
- Ability to concisely summarize the findings of a complex analysis in a way that can be intuitively understood by non-specialist
- The ability to translate research findings/data analysis to actionable initiatives.
- Strong understanding and use database management programs, i.e. Microsoft SQL Server Studio, Teradata, etc…
- Experience with Tableau
- Ability to understand and write SQL queries involving multiple data sources
- Ability to effectively work under time pressure
- Highly collaborative work style; must work well with people.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- The ability to multi-task and communicate in a fast paced and results orientated work environment
- Creative problem solving
- 3-5 years experience in Industrial Engineering; preferably in the Restaurant or Food Service Industry
- Experience with the principles and implementation of Industrial Engineering and/or Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Solid project management skills
Deliver on Your Promise
Demonstrates personal and professional integrity and inspires trust
Takes personal accountability for decisions and projects
Produces high quality work
Delivers work or ensures work is delivered within deadlines and budget
Ensure Everything You Do Adds Value
- Aligns work with department/ brand and corporate strategies
- Effectively prioritizes workload; stops doing what doesn’t add value
- Measures work to evaluate effectiveness
Think Globally, Act Locally
- Conducts long-term planning without losing focus on near-term needs
- Makes decisions based on organizational strategy and customers’ best interests
- Looks for enterprise-wide issues before implementing plans, processes, or policies
- Makes use of resources from other parts of the organization
Value Diversity in People and Perspectives
- Shows respect and sensitivity to the feelings and perspectives of all employees, regardless of background or position
- Actively solicits opinions, feedback, and ideas from others
- Engages, coaches, and develops others to build an effective team
Takes Worthwhile Risks
- Takes risks that support company strategy
- Demonstrates the courage to make the hard decisions
- Leads change to help Brinker achieve its vision with an open mind and positive attitude
- Inspires and empowers others to innovate and take appropriate risks
Play Well Together
- Fosters an atmosphere of mutual respect and collaboration
- Lends knowledge, experience, and support to help others succeed
- Recognizes the accomplishments of others
- Inspires others to action without relying on formal authority
- Shares appropriate information and resources with others
- Effectively copes with business demands and pressures