Income Tax Manager
September 12, 2017
Dallas TX (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker is seeking a tax Manager who will be involved with the Federal and State compliance, audit defense and income tax planning. This Manager will ensure the accuracy and timeliness of returns and reports while minimizing the company’s annual tax liability through tax planning and staying abreast of technology advances. Additionally, the Manager will oversee all aspects of the current and deferred tax provision process.
Your Key Job Functions
- Responsible for the quarter and annual income tax provision.
- Review and preparation of state income and franchise tax returns and for all Brinker entities.
- Review and preparation of the annual Federal consolidated return.
- Perform a variety of ad hoc projects as assigned and assist in tax research.
- Responsible for staying current with federal and state legislation.
- Analyze financial statements for potential tax adjustments and opportunities.
- Assist on Federal and state inquiries, tax reporting, and tax audits.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through your feedback.
- Own it – I own, drive and achieve key results.
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve key results.
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner to deliver desired future results.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-8 years of related tax experience
- Master’s in Tax and/or CPA (preferred)
- Analytical skills as a large portion of the job involves analyzing tax implications of transactions and changes in the consolidated financial statements
- Computer competent, preferably with knowledge of CORPTax and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Display attention to detail with consistent accuracy
- Strong communication skills as this position includes verbal communication to upper management and auditors.
- Excels at working independently; ability to handle responsibilities and/or problems with little supervision.
- Competitive salary.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and generous holidays.
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
- Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.