Director of Culinary – Maggiano’s Little Italy
Dallas, TX. (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
This leader will work with various departments to research and obtain quality products, implement cost saving initiatives/avoidances as well as to create and modify recipes.
• Establishes clear expectations aligned with organizational priorities.
• Creative, strategic leader who influences and shapes direction of culinary innovation for the brand. Influencing
• Effective persuades and influences key leaders to achieve organizational objectives; builds strong relationships.
• Has credibility with leadership team with respect to Culinary expertise
• Understands audience his/her audience and adapts message to meet that need.
Driving Business Performance
• Owns it by challenging the organization to enable culinary innovation to drive business results.
• Generates culinary innovation that drives traffic and brand relevancy.
• Challenges self and team to continually raise the bar on culinary innovation.
• Proactively communicates with leadership and strives to keep information flowing openly between all key stakeholders.
• Fosters open dialogue by giving, soliciting and acting upon feedback.
• Understands and effectively navigates organizational politics, living our cultural beliefs and effectively using the culture of accountability to achieve results.
• Motivates, inspires and empowers team to continually raise the bar; creates a collaborative work environment.
• Gives clear direction, creates a sense of belonging, demonstrates commitment to team and to the business.
What you bring to the team
• Graduate of an accredited culinary school or equal work experience and on-the-job-training in comparable full service venues.
• Certifications in sanitation and safe food handling practices required.
• Full service restaurant operations experience required.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Business Acumen – Solid understanding of the role product development and innovation plays in strategic planning; ability to transform key data into clear business commentary and action points; ability to summarize results with a focus on business implications and decisions.
• Creativity – ability to identify problems and create new, innovative solutions.
• Food Expertise – theoretical understanding and practical application of food science and culinary principles. Ability to create a prototype product solely from an idea. Can reverse engineer a finished product back to its source ingredients. Well-developed sense of taste, aesthetics and value-drivers in food.
• Operations Experience – is familiar and comfortable with the level of Operational talent and capabilities with the CDR category. Develops products that can be consistently executed in the restaurants.
• Financial Acumen – has well-developed experience in food costing and estimating proforma recipe costs.
• Consumer Driven Process – embraces consumer feedback as key milestones in process.
• Project Management – Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time; ability to design, implement and analyze primary research and work with minimal supervision.
• 5+ years’ experience in a culinary product development role, encompassing brainstorming through development and full deployment.
• Experience leading a group of direct reports: development and performance management.
• Experience with the operational, financial and logistical parameters of a large, varied menu and CDR.
• Proven experience with vendor R&D collaboration and Supply Chain.
• Competitive salary.
• Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential.
• Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands.
• A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match and generous holidays.
• Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs.
• Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment.
• Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
• Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.