Global Training Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion
environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Global Training Manager will be responsible for managing the execution of brand standards, with a primary focus on Training systems, with restaurant-level and multi-restaurant operators in order to uphold brand integrity across multiple global markets. Desired results are achieved by working in collaboration with the GBD team, Chili’s L&D and PW teams, and franchise partners to influence behaviors through education, special projects, and sound business recommendations.
The Global Training Manager oversees the introduction, implementation and ongoing maintenance of training and development systems and processes to the franchisees; facilitates access to training resources and technical expertise; and executes training for brand launch openings. The position is a performance consulting position and is integral to the success of Chili’s internationally.
- Assumes primary responsibility for training at global Chili’s restaurants
- Manages Franchise Training Contacts (FTCs) in the development and execution of required training programs and support for local openings
- Responsible for execution of all aspects of training for brand launch NROs
- Partners with Brinker Global Department leadership, operations, and other market support disciplines on performance consulting strategies resulting in targeted training solutions
- From time to time provide in-restaurant support and inspect of training processes and systems.
- Conduit for communication of Brand specific training programs with Franchise Training Contacts.
- Occasionally responsible for creation and maintenance of training systems or processes
- International travel 20-30%
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or related field (or equivalent Training/Restaurant Operations experience) required
- 3-5 years in the Training & Development arena with International experience a plus
- People Skills -Motivation, Connection, Consultation, Discipline and Understanding. Collaboration and relationship building between markets, RSC, and partners.
- Communication Skills – Clarity, Conciseness, Negotiation, and Writing. Ability to communicate multi-culturally. Ability to communicate complex ideas simply and clearly.
- Facilitation Skills – Engaging stand up speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong Organizational Skills – Planning, Time Management, Prioritization and Follow Up.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Able to make autonomous decisions when required. Able to identify when a more collaborative approach to problem solving or decision making is necessary.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Ability to adapt to changes in plans or process and remain effective.
- The ability to manage successfully from afar.
- Strong indirect influencing skills.
- Experience using PowerPoint, Word, Excel, required. Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Candidates selected for interview will be required to complete a training/presentation assignment for the in-person interview.