IT Security Senior Engineer
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker is seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to be part of the IT Security and Risk Management team. The Senior Engineer will support the implementation and administration of information security policies, practices, procedures, and technologies in order to ensure the protection of networks, systems, applications, and data. This role will be looked to as an information security expert within the organization, helping ensure compliance with all security policies and standards, as well as with industry regulations and laws. This role will also be involved with day-to-day security operations by responding to security events of interest and recommending corrective action by working with IT and non-IT team members.
Your Key Job Functions
- Provide security consulting through advice, research, design, project management services, and technical security expertise for all elements of the business as part of designing security solutions for existing and new networks, systems, applications, and business processes.
- Directly manage and drive for timely/successful completion of information security projects and participate on various concurrent project teams that support business initiatives.
- Directly assist in the testing, selection, design, implementation, documentation, operation, and maintenance of various network and system security technologies including, and not limited to: authentication, web application firewalls, network and host firewalls, routers, switches, VPNs, network and host NAC, network and host IDS/IPS, malware prevention, etc.
- Interact with information security vendors and hold information security vendors accountable to their technology and services obligations to the organization.
- Perform internal investigations and e-discovery efforts.
- Routinely engage the organization’s MSSP and respond to escalations from the MSSP within the defined SLA.
- Perform log collection, correlation, reviews, archival, retention, and monitoring of automated alerts for items such as, and not limited to: malware alerts, change detection alerts, rogue wireless network alerts, security system health alerts, exploit attempt alerts, etc.
- Work with the Internal Audit department, Risk Management department, and Legal department to perform security assessments of ASP’s, hosting providers, service providers, and development firms that are contracted to provide various services to the organization.
- Perform, document, and present to management security risk assessments around existing and emerging technologies, business processes, and third party provided business services.
- Manage internally generated SSL certificates and SSL certificates generated by a managed PKI vendor.
- Participate in information security components of system provisioning to, and system de-provisioning from, the organization’s networks.
- Participate and be an integral component of audit, compliance, and regulatory functions, including and not limited to: Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), emerging state and Federal privacy laws, and general security auditing.
- Assist internal and external auditors as required.
- Participate in a vulnerability management program.
- Manage and maintain the organizations’ various information security technologies.
- Participate in the organization’s incident response plan and perform incident reporting on an as needed basis.
- Interface with management as necessary by providing reports, presentations, and recommendations.
- Provide technical leadership to team members.
- Develop and maintain information security policies, standards, procedures, controls, and their compliance.
- Constantly review day-to-day information security operations and identify/implement efficiency improvements through automation efforts such as scripting and lean process improvement.
- Provide cost effective security improvements to reduce the frequency and duration of incidents.
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours in order to perform diagnosis and/or implementation of product releases or changes so that normal business workflow is not interrupted.
- Analyzes security incidents and escalation of security events 24×7.
- Shared on-call duties will be required in a team environment.
What You Bring to the Team
- Qualified and successful candidates will have at least 10 years of IT experience with at least 5 years of experience working extensively within information security.
- College degree: Computer Science, Information Security, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification preferred.
- Penetration testing/ethical hacking certification(s) will be considered.
- Incident handling and incident response certification(s) will be considered.
- Working knowledge with IT security, compliance, and regulatory requirements, such as: Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Healthcare Information Privacy Protection Act (HIPPA), state and Federal privacy laws.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Thought leader in information security.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviors, the ability to recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information, and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Experience implementing and maintaining information security technologies, such as: IDS/IPS, malware prevention, database activity monitoring, secure password repository, multi-factor authentication, SIEM, SPAM prevention, web content filtering, IdM/IAM, encryption and encryption key management, DLP, change detection, and vulnerability scanners.
- Experience performing vulnerability scanning and penetration testing both at an application and network layer.
- Experience being involved in Incident handling and incident response.
- Ability to script via various scripting languages to automate day-to-day information security operations and tasks.
- Demonstrate the initiative to continuously stay apprised of emerging security threats and the general information security landscape.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP: must be able to demonstrate technical understanding of all layers of the TCP/IP stack, including familiarity with major application-layer protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, SMTP, DNS, etc.; must be able to read and understand a packet trace; must be able to read and interpret network access control lists.
- In-depth understanding of a variety of network and application attacks: examples include DoS/DDoS, buffer overflows, SQL injection, reconnaissance scanning, and evasive methods attackers use to avoid detection; must be able to demonstrate a minimum level of familiarity with well-known vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Knowledge of LANs, WANs, SANs, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems, Linux operating systems, web services, databases, messaging technologies, firewalls/switches/VPN devices, Cisco routers/switches, web application firewalls, encryption at the application layer and database layer in conjunction with encryption key management pertaining to encryption.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong documentation skills, including policy and standards writing.
- Ability to take information security best practices and implement them in such a way that finds a balanced and secure solution that enables business initiatives.
- Able to manage multiple medium to large scale projects simultaneously.
- Proven analytical/problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Able to work and contribute to a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work independently when needed.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Hospitality or Retail experience a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn