Senior Manager – Financial Reporting
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Senior Manager – Financial Reporting manages the SEC reporting function and the accounting for technical areas of the business. This role reports to the Senior Director – Financial Reporting and Property and will partner extensively with others in corporate accounting, finance, tax, legal, investor relations, treasury, humanresources and IT. Prepare and manage the drafting and filing processes for all SEC filings, including 10-K/10-Q, XBRL, 8-K's, 11-K, and Proxy Statement. Prepares the consolidated US GAAP financial statements. Ensures data integrity and proper accounting with senior leadership and auditors who support the review and audit of regulatory filings.
- Manage all required financial filings with the SEC, including the preparation of the consolidated financial statements to U.S. GAAP, footnotes and discussion support schedules, appropriate XBRL tagging, and ensuring the related technical disclosure checklists are reviewed for completeness & accuracy of the SEC filing materials.
- Prepare the monthly consolidated financial statements and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations and audit schedules for the key corporate accounts assigned to this team.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of staff development and PW requirements.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare related white-paper documentation, and project lead the implementation of new accounting standards across teams.
- Monitor FASB and SEC developments to identify and document the potential impact of new pronouncements or other authoritative guidance and manage the implementation of the related accounting and disclosure requirements.
- Lead annual impairment analyses for goodwill and other intangible assets (ASC 350)
- Complete special projects and prepare analyses for senior management requiring technical accounting research and analysis of financial information as requested.
- Oversee the administration of shares and stock-based compensation.
- Manage the year-end audit, quarterly reviews, benefit plan audits and other statutory audits with external auditors.
- Manage the SOX controls and process narratives for the Financial Reporting department and consult with other departments as necessary.
- Initiates projects or communicates ideas of “Accounting Perfection” continuous improvement to leadership, and champions own and others initiatives for the Financial reporting team.
What You Bring to the Team
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA required
- 8+ years of progressive work experience
- Big 4 public accounting, and Restaurant or Retail accounting experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and projects
- Organize, prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects for self and team
- Strong organization and communication skills are essential to success
- Team-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on proprietary business information
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite or products including Excel, and Workiva financial reporting tools.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn