Manager – Global Supply Chain
September 10, 2020
Global Supply Chain Manager
Dallas TX (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Work with global franchise partners to develop supply chain strategies appropriate for each country. Provide supply chain leadership and support in assigned global regions in order to ensure the following:
- Adequate supply of necessary ingredients and supplies at the right place at the right time.
- Effective cost management.
- Protection of Brinker quality standards.
- Successful implementation of promotions and new menu items.
- Understand and embrace the Brinker culture of accountability.
Your Key Job Functions
- Serve as a supply chain resource to assigned global franchise partners. Collaborate with in-market supply chain team members to identify market goals for cost management, quality and service, and provide support as needed.
- Support the development of new products and rollout of marketing programs. Ensure supply implications are considered internally during the design phase, existing supplier relationships are leveraged, and programs are executed successfully.
- Leverage domestic contracts and existing Brinker supplier relationships when appropriate to help manage costs and streamline logistics for global franchise partners.
- Ensure timely availability of imported products in assigned markets to support successful new product introductions and promotions.
- Work with franchise partners and their exporters to quickly solve sourcing or logistics problems in order to ensure continuous availability of approved ingredients.
- Serve as our subject matter expert regarding government importation regulations and paperwork requirements for assigned markets.
- Ensure that Brinker’s Code of Business Conduct is followed in dealings with all suppliers, exporters, and distributors.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS or equivalent in skills and training.
- Mandarin or Arabic a plus.
- 5 or more years of food service procurement or distribution experience in the restaurant/hospitality industry required. Experience working with and supporting franchisees desired. Experience working with international distribution/logistics a plus.
- Strategic Management– ability to develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities; foresee and take action to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Organization – strong ability to work under pressure and short time lines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines as required. Must be able to work on several complex projects simultaneously and proactively re-prioritize projects as needs change.
- Relationship management – ability to interact effectively both formally and informally; foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, franchise partners, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit. Demonstrates Brinker Cultural Beliefs and uses the Culture of Accountability to accomplish objectives.
- Communication Skills- excellent written and verbal ability to deal independently with global franchise partners, Brinker team members, and suppliers. Must be capable of synthesizing information and presenting it in format desired and understood by the listener.
- Judgment/Decision Making- ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate business judgments based on sound reasoning, problem solving, and financial analysis.
- Influencing – makes an impact on the organization by demonstrating subject matter expertise and influencing others’ actions and results without formal authority.
- Technical Knowledge– familiarity with food procurement including specifications, market trends; proficient interfacing between supplier/customer and purchasing.
- Leadership– ability to act as team leader for global supply chain projects.
- Presentation Skills– ability to make concise and convincing business presentations that will have high level impact with global partners and senior level management.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn