Leave of Absence / Benefits Manager
Dallas TX (Coppell)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Leave of Absence / Benefits Manager will be responsible for managing projects, creating policies and ensuring compliance of various Leave of Absence & Benefits processes while fulfilling recurring reporting requirements.
Your Key Job Functions
- Lead in the creation and implementation of leave of absence policies.
- Daily administration of requested leaves of absence and ADA accommodations.
- Applies State and Federal leave laws including FMLA, USERRA, ADA to policies and administration of requests.
- Track regulatory matters related to Health Care Reform, HIPAA, and plan design and provide plans to maintain compliance with current regulations.
- Proactively source and recommend innovative benefits providers – ensuring service and product expectations are met.
- Analyze internal and external processes to ensure optimum efficiency by coordinating and conducting ongoing audits.
- Works cross-functionally with other HR Operations Teams (such as Payroll and HRIS), Human Resources and Legal where leave of absence and ADA requests have impact.
- Develop and maintain reports to analyze benefits data as needed for compliance, surveys and plan financial information.
- Develop processes that improve department efficiency and enhance overall leave of absence & benefit process productivity.
- Complete benefits benchmarking surveys.
- Assist with annual enrollment and other special projects and duties, as needed and assigned.
What You Bring to the Team
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role required.
- Management experience required
- Strong knowledge of leave of absence and benefit programs.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite, mostly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- PeopleSoft or Other HRIS experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in areas of HIPAA, COBRA, PPACA, FMLA
- Bachelor’s degree or professional certification (CEBS,CBP, PHR, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent project management capabilities.
- Results oriented with high attention to detail.
- Motivated team player receptive to change, flexible thinking.
- Understanding of workplace employee relations and confidentiality/sensitivity requirements.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with limited or no supervision.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn