Senior Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Leads and manages assigned Food Safety and sanitation programs to assure that regulatory compliance and internal food safety and sanitation standards are met for Brinker brands. Teams effectively with Operations, Culinary, Facilities, and other internal stakeholders to understand and support restaurant food safety and sanitation needs. Uses knowledge base from food science, microbiology and restaurant operations to creatively problem solve and drive continuous food safety improvement in Brinker restaurants. Works closely with vendors to develop, revise and improve processes appropriate for Brinker Food Safety and Sanitation standards related to restaurant operations, food distribution, chemical use, sanitation, pest control and other quality assurance and food safety programs as assigned.
Your Key Job Functions
- Provide thought leadership and administer restaurant Food Safety, Quality Assurance & Sanitation Programs
- Manage Restaurant Food Safety Auditing Program to include management of vendor performance to established metrics, restaurant performance reporting and trending, annual program updates and collaboration with Operations on action plans for continuous improvement.
- Manage Pest Control Program to include management of vendor performance to established metrics, program updates to incorporate best practices and emerging technologies, restaurant performance reporting and trending, and collaboration with Operations and Facilities on action plans for continuous improvement.
- Provide support and expertise to restaurants and internal departments for resolution of issues including health department inquiries and concerns, boil water advisory, potential foodborne illness and other emergency situations that may affect food safety operations.
- Develop and/or participate in programs with FDA, USDA, State and Local Health Departments to allow Brinker brands to meet evolving regulatory food safety requirements.
- Act as food safety and sanitation technical resource for each Brand’s culinary and operations teams and champion continuous improvement in food safety and sanitation by leveraging technology and providing user-friendly cost effective solutions.
- Engage and support Brinker’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and other emerging issues as identified.
- Reports to Senior Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
What You Bring to the Team
- At least 7 years combined experience in quality assurance or food safety role within a multi-unit restaurant company or public health agency.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent in Environmental Health, Public Health, Biology or other hard science equivalent.
- Certified Food Safety Professional (CP-FS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) certification required.
- Ability to successfully manage restaurant food safety and sanitation programs with specific knowledge related to food safety operations, sanitation, integrated pest management and regulatory compliance.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of FDA Model Food Code, HACCP, foodborne pathogens, good retail practices and foodborne illness risk factors.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations with impact for executive and senior management.
- Communication Skills: Provide actionable reporting of projects and program status via written reports as well as ability to critique and provide feedback on food safety and sanitation performance in a non-threatening and coaching manner.
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage multiple projects to on-time completion with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills: Heightened ability to work collaboratively and build productive relationships with various groups to include internal Brinker disciplines, restaurant operators, Brinker vendors, and regulatory officials.
- Software Aptitude: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn