October 21, 2020
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Responsible for supporting Category Managers in the procuring of Supply Chain Goods and Services. The analyst is responsible for providing assistance throughout the sourcing process, including providing usage information, completing purchase agreements and supporting document, and ensuring the compliance of supplier partners with Brinker’s policies and requirements. This position requires a strong attention to detail and ability to work well with others throughout the Supply Chain organization and Supplier partner community.
Your Key Job Functions
- Work with Category Managers (CMs) to write contracts for all contracted products and services including routing for internal approvals, supplier approval and final execution internally.
- Work with CMs to prepare, set up, send and optimize RFP’s through Supply Chain’s system.
- Prepare usage for products/ commodities within area of responsibility. Research discrepancies; work with CMs to identify variances.
- Work with Compliance team to ensure Supplier partners are fully vetted
- Complete Landed Cost Report, including collection of information based on expiring contracts, follow-up on required information, export and final check to ensure timely delivery to Distribution Centers (DCs) per contracts.
- Manage price correction communication to the DCs.
- Manage multiple projects within established timelines to business requestor requirements.
- Effectively meet all goals and timelines as established by business requestor and immediate management.
- Provide on-going communication to business requester, project team and suppliers.
- Review/analyze information to make sound recommendations and process improvements.
- Manage communication for product changes and/or new product’s introduction to the Brinker system.
- Work as a team member with the flexibility to take on special projects as assigned, outside of normal daily activities.
- Foster and maintain good supplier relationships.
- Ensure all required supplier documentation is current, accurate and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Implement and manage price changes and complete cost change forms to insure cost decreases are captured.
- Continue to pursue professional development and training to positively affect Thinking Forward –I think and act in a manner to deliver desired future results.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor degree; equivalent business school training; or the equivalent in skill and training. Experience in a restaurant industry preferred.
- Experience in writing contracts and contract compliance support role including accounting background.
- 2+ years supply chain experience (restaurant or hospitality industry) or equivalent experience in another industry.
- Make Sound Recommendations– Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems; offers clients multiple options to achieve desired results; helps clients evaluate alternatives in light of fit with desired outcomes; makes decisions that maximize return on investment; uses quantitative data to support decisions.
- Work Collaboratively– Willingly shares information; facilitates the discussion and resolution of different views; leverages areas of agreement to gain consensus; shares credit with others; promotes teamwork among groups; discourages “we vs. they” thinking; works for best solution rather than own solution; maintains optimism in complex or challenging situations; expresses disagreement tactfully and sensitively.
- Demonstrate Adaptability– Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.
- Think Strategically-Thoroughly understands the organizational priorities and the business reasons for them; understands day-to-day operations of the business; ensures that consultation, projects, and services delivered address business needs; understands the organization and its industry; evaluates impact of actions; sees the bigger picture; sees strategic opportunities to impact the organization’s success; understands how technical, regulatory, and industry trends impact the organization.
- Inspiring Trust– Earns the confidence and trust of others; shows consistency between words and actions; delivers on commitments; produces high-quality work; demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct; protects confidential information; does not omit controversial information or change information to suit others.
- Listen to Others– Listens openly and non-judgmentally; listens without interrupting; encourages full expression of ideas, opinions, and concerns; probes beneath the surface to fully understand the speaker’s thoughts and feelings.
- Brinker Professionalism– Consistently treats individuals with dignity and respect, recognizing the importance of cultural differences. Has and maintains a positive sense of humor and uses humor appropriately. Embraces, communicates and demonstrates company values and ethics. Maintains reasonable expectations of self and others when balancing time and performance demands with personal and professional needs.
- Continually seeks new and creative approaches to work and solutions to problems.
- Technical Knowledge– demonstrates mastery of technical knowledge of commodity and product procurement systems and proficient when interfacing between supplier/customer and supply chain.
- Communication Skills– excellent verbal, written and oral ability to deal independently with internal customers and external resources.
- Budget/Cost Control– general understanding of procurement budgeting and cost control functions, with ability to perform complex budgeting/cost control processes.
- Judgment/Decision Making– ability to make appropriate business judgments and decisions independently. Demonstrated ability to perform strategic thinking and planning.
- Problem Solving– ability to independently work through complex problems and derive innovative solutions/options.
- Negotiating/Analytical– ability to conduct basic negotiations and analysis of applicable data.
- Interpersonal Skills– ability to build effective organization relationships inside and outside the department; ability to inspire trust via open, candid relationships, fair treatment and behavior consistent with expressed beliefs and commitments.
- Strategic Management– ability to develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities.
- Presentation Skills– ability to have clear and concise conversations with stakeholders .
- Leadership– ability to act as team leader for special task assignments. Ability to manage both peers and stakeholders expectations.
- Computer Skills– working knowledge of Microsoft Office based software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.Other– strong ability to elicit internal and external support; strong interpersonal skills; strong ability to work under pressure and short time lines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines as required.
- We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn