Global Finance Manager
Global Business Development
August 9, 2018
Global Finance Manager
Dallas TX (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
The Global Business Manager will support international Chili’s in the reporting and analysis of business opportunities. Roles include a variety of experiences centered on helping the business increase profitability and reporting key financial measurements to the internal team. This position will be responsible for the preparation of analyses on a wide range of financial topics including – P&L analysis, return on investment analysis, fiscal year budgeting, sales analysis and product mix analysis.
The position requires strong analytical skills, a working knowledge of financial statements, financial modeling capabilities, an ability to influence others not under this person’s direct authority, and an ability to autonomously seek out and validate information across the organization.
Your Key Job Functions
- Weekly and Monthly sales tracking and analysis
- Deep dive analyses into various parts of the business
- Provide reporting and business insights related to operational performance, profitability and other key metrics
- Monitor and report budget vs. actual/forecast and determine root causes of P&L variances
- Continual ad hoc analyses and strategic project support
- Hospitality Focus– Demonstrates excellence in hospitality by anticipating guest (internal customers, restaurant guests, and vendors) needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed guest expectations.
- Brinker Professionalism– Embodies Brinker professionalism, values, and principles in words and actions and effectively demonstrates the Brinker behaviors.
- Influencing– Makes an impact on the organization by demonstrating expertise and influencing the actions of others, with or without formal authority.
- Demonstrating Leadership– Demonstrates leadership skills by setting high standards and building a strong team that can effectively execute against those standards.
- Coaching and Developing Others– Coaches and grows the talent of others by providing feedback, holding people accountable, and rewarding and recognizing success.
- Driving Business Results:
- Driving for Results– Drives business performance by modeling personal commitment and by challenging and pushing the organization to excel and achieve.
- Making Sound Decisions– Anticipates potential problems through careful and systematic evaluation of information and quickly decides on the most appropriate action.
- Establishing Plans– Works smart by effectively organizing and planning work according to organizational needs and objectives.
- Fostering Open Dialogue– Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Organizational Savvy– Recognizing and understanding organizational politics and working within organizational dynamics to accomplish objectives.
- Championing Change– Taking action to support and implement change initiatives effectively.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs to drive our 4 key results:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through your feedback.
- Own it – I own, drive and achieve key results.
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve key results.
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner to deliver desired future results.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting
- years in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Development experience a plus
- Strong analytical ability
- Team-oriented, ability to build relationships effectively
- Knowledge of Finance or Accounting, including P&L analysis, scenario/sensitivity analysis
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate complex business issues in a concise manner effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on proprietary business information
- Effectively work independently in areas which include:
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Prioritization and time management
- Sense of urgency