Sr. Manager Payroll
August 9, 2018
Sr. Manager Payroll
Dallas TX (North Dallas)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy. At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
The Sr. Manager Payroll will be responsible for leading the Payroll team focusing primarily in the following areas:
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of Offshore and Onshore Teams to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payrolls.
- Oversee Supplier governance and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, local, state, and federal wage/hour regulations.
- Service support delivery to internal and external customers.
- Provide Brinker International with relevant financial information to make appropriate business decisions to improve operational results.
Your Key Job Functions
- Select, train, motivate, and manage the performance and development of a competent team to ensure continuity of accounting.
- Determine the most effective utilization of individual and group potential that will assist in efficiencies and optimize team talent.
- Direct the collection, calculation and entering of payroll data and manage the reporting and compliance of payroll processes.
- Develop and oversee controls to identify exceptions and lead team to resolve payroll discrepancies quickly and efficiently.
- Manage the review and analysis of labor received and paychecks produced to ensure timliness and accuracy of payroll processing; encourage the identification of operational steps necessary to improve labor and increase profit.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to requirements; advise management on needed actions.
- Maintain team member confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Oversee the facilitation of knowledgeable and positive liaisons within all departments in Accounting and Accounting customers (both internal and external) to ensure prompt and effective resolution of questions and problems.
- Develop and implement processes designed to improve current methods of information processing and reporting.
- Partner with Supplier Partner team for continuous improvement and value return of services.
What You Bring to the Team
- College degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Human Resources; Masters a plus.
- 7-10 years of Payroll experience; Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus. Diversified accounting background highly desired.
- Multi-state, multi-brand payroll experience.
- Working knowledge of DOL standards and the overall understanding of wage issues and their impact on financial statements.
- Strong understanding of Payroll and HRIS systems. Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and direct report management experience with the ability to lead, coach and mentor high performing teams.
- Self-starter with strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate and influence effectively with both with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs to drive our 4 key results:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through your feedback
- Own it – I own, drive and achieve key results
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve key results
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner to deliver desired future results
- Competitive salary
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) eligible for annual bonus potential
- Generous dining discounts at Brinker owned brands
- A choice of healthcare plans, 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match and generous holidays
- Onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs
- Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment
- Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations
- Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs