Sr Financial Reporting Analyst
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for gathering data and preparing documents required by the SEC for external financial reporting including the 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and proxy statements. Prepares balance sheet and cash flow statements, earnings release calculations, and assists in the completion of all SEC filings. Ensures data integrity and proper accounting with auditors who support the review and audit of regulatory filings. Gathers reference material concerning new and existing technical accounting literature to ensure compliance
- Preparation of 10-K and 10-Q filings with the SEC, including financial statement footnotes and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and certain disclosures for SEC filings including the consolidated balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
- Review and completion of the quarterly GAAP disclosure checklist.
- Research technical issues as needed to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Assist with the adoption of recently issued accounting standards, including revenue recognition and leases.
- Ensure appropriate XBRL tagging and prepare the quarterly and annual reports for filing on a quarterly basis using Workiva/Wdesk.
- Preparation of the quarterly earnings release in collaboration with the Financial Reporting leadership.
- Preparation of materials provided to the Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Preparation of calculations and resulting journal entries related to non-recurring, special items such as natural disasters, closed restaurants, acquisitions, dispositions, and debt deals.
- Work directly with external and internal auditors as well as treasury, financial planning and analysis and legal departments.
- Perform in-depth analyses of the transactions and trends impacting the consolidated balance sheet.
- Perform impairment analyses on the Company’s goodwill, intangibles and long-lived asset balances.
- Maintain appropriate SOX compliance documentation.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA candidate preferred, not required.
- 3-5 years’ experience and understanding of accounting and financial statements. Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial statements.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Team-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships effectively.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on proprietary business information.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn