Team Member Relations Coordinator
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Team Member Relations Coordinator will be a support to Team Member Relations and Field Operations teams by addressing basic HR related questions and advising on policy interpretation. This position will provide support to restaurant Team Members by making the connection and ensuring all voices are heard during the investigation process. This role will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
The individual is responsible for providing a seamless Team Member experience and promoting team member engagement. This role requires an individual with a high amount of drive, independent judgment, ability to influence, and the ability to execute quality decisions in a fast paced and high volume environment. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Team Member Relations.
Your Key Job Functions
- Manages the Team Member Relations and Team Member Hotline email inboxes by reviewing the emails, responding accordingly, and assigning to the appropriate Restaurant Support Center team.
- Reviews incoming Team Member Relations cases from our third party, determines the level of involvement and if additional information is needed, contacts Team Member or Manager within 1-3 days of initial call, responds to HR related inquiries, gathers additional information as needed, and assigns to the appropriate Team Member Relations Specialist for investigation.
- Investigates and responds to general HR related inquiries and interprets Brinker policy.
- Conducts regular wellbeing check-ins with Team Members and Managers.
- Supports Team Member Relations Specialists and Senior Manager with follow up communication with Team Members and Managers to ensure a seamless experience is created from beginning to end of an investigation.
- Collaborates with Restaurant Support Center resources to communicate and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Instills trust and confidence by maintaining objectivity and confidentiality. Clearly articulates feedback to Team Member or Manager.
- Assists the team on investigations as needed and for growth opportunity.
- Other related duties and special projects as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree (or in progress) in either Business or Human Resource Management is preferred.
- Bilingual fluency skills are preferred but not required.
- Possess basic understanding of employee relations and labor law; the principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management.
- Has a sound working knowledge of data collection procedures.
- Able to research information and analyze data converting it to a plan of action.
- Able to represent ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to be influential; organizing thoughts, clearly and succinctly.
- Able to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Highly effective at participating in difficult, often emotionally charged conversations that lead to clarity around issues, expectations, consequences, and next steps.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn