Fixed Asset Financial Analyst
November 2, 2018
Fixed Asset Financial Analyst II
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position requires formal technical training in Fixed Asset and Accounting processes as well as experience at developing and producing ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed. Individuals in this position are called upon to provide key financial and business analysis/support to management on capital expenditure and depreciation trends as well as Brinker’s capital and depreciation plans. This position requires interaction with a broad range of internal team members through the Brinker organization.
Your Key Job Functions
- Prepare routine financial forecasts for Fixed Assets (including capital expenditures, depreciation) and complete related analysis, variance reports, and scenarios or sensitivities.
- Prepare the accounting close journal entries for certain fixed asset items.
- Review monthly Fixed Asset reconciliations to the Accounting general ledger and monitoring key accounts for completeness and accuracy.
- Oversee the execution of all aspects of accounting for capital projects, including additions and retirements, related to both new restaurant construction as well as capital expenditures for existing restaurants, IT, and corporate office.
- Partner and maintain collaborative relationships with teams such as Planning and Analysis, Operations, Finance, Accounting and other business partners to ensure fixed asset accounting and budgets / forecasts are complete and accurate, and partners are provided communication / information as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual planning process for Fixed Assets (including capital expenditures and depreciation)
- Continuously monitor changes within the industry and business to ensure proper treatment of fixed assets.
- Identify and collaborate to implement process improvements to make the monthly and quarterly cycles more efficient.
- Proactively search out opportunities to improve business results through analysis and report recommendations to customers in an organized and easily understood format.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 3+ years related work experience. Fixed asset experience preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Team-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships effectively.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on proprietary business information.
- Superior working knowledge of Excel, and database products (Hyperion, Essbase).
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn