Sr. Data Engineer
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The position is responsible for managing the best practice design and development of our SQL and SSIS environments. Designing complex ETLs and integrations with an emphasis on Master Data Management using the Microsoft MDS platform. Other responsibilities will include assisting data engineers on our Hadoop Platform and Snowflake Data Warehouse Platform. The data engineering tasks will include the following:
- Understand business objectives, design, and document complete database solutions to meet those objectives.
- Enhance and create enterprise data structures.
- Design complex ETL and T-SQL solutions.
- Maintain, enhance, and contribute to existing data governance quality and standards.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members.
The position is also responsible for:
- Creating ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) solutions using best practices for Data Movement.
- This includes, but is not limited to generating Source-To-Target Mappings, executing Data Profiling on Source and Target Systems in preparation for ETL solutions.
- Creating complete ETL solutions with scheduled ETL Jobs for enterprise deployment.
- Creating complex T-SQL code and stored procedures.
Your Key Job Functions
- Incorporate new data requests into project and enterprise data structures.
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization.
- Compare data objects for impact analysis and structure changes.
- Reverse engineer data models.
- Drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring.
- Perform code reviews with and for other team members.
- Build robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application.
- Break down data issues and resolve them.
- Grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in a data-focused discipline, or the equivalent in skill and training.
- 5+ Years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2012/2016) including BIDS/SSDT, SSIS, and SSRS
- Understanding and practical experience with understanding different styles of database design (relational, dimensional, referential integrity, primary keys, foreign keys, indexes, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Master Data Services (MDS) preferred.
- Experience with application architecture.
- Experience in Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) a plus.
- Strong coding skills in Standard SQL.
- Experience creating SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Experience with Hadoop technologies and/or Snowflake cloud technology a plus.
- Familiarity with standard change control procedures and documentation best practices for data movement.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Adapts well to change.
- Enjoys learning new technologies.
- Be customer centric; listening, understanding and responding to customer needs while being committed to the customer first philosophy, including both internal and external customers.
- Proven team player with willingness to learn and help others.
- Proven ability to keep information confidential.
- Detail oriented and highly organized; perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical issues clearly.
- Excellent time management skills to complete all responsibilities. Ability to identify and eliminate low return tasks.
- Exhibit the ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome unforeseen obstacles to achieve desired results.
- Excel at working independently; ability to handle responsibilities and/or problems with little supervision.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn