Lease Accounting Analyst
Brinker is Moving to Cypress Waters (LBJ/Beltline) February 2019
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Job Summary: The Lease Accounting Analyst is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely recording of the restaurant lease agreements. The role will provide level one support to Brinker’s landlords by researching lease related issues to contractual agreements and will also be responsible for level one support to Brinker’s offshore lease accounting team providing guidance as needed. This role assists in the review of the offshore accounting team’s work to ensure accurate and timely recording of all lease related expenses including rent expense, common area maintenance expense and percentage rent expense.
- Read, interpret and apply lease language related to financial obligations.
- Provide level one support to Brinker internal and external customers on but not limited to remaining lease term, P&L expense, lost checks and outstanding invoice questions. Escalate appropriate requests to the offshore team and follow up on results.
- Act as liaison between offshore team and landlords through level 1 support when needed. Negotiate with landlords through level 1 support when needed.
- Monitor our on-line communication tool between onshore and offshore team members hourly to ensure smooth communication between Brinker Property Accounting and the offshore team and provide support.
- Perform audits of year-end reconciliations (common area maintenance, insurance and utilities) completed by offshore team to ensure compliance with lease terms.
- Prepare quarterly/annual audit schedules as required.
- Review monthly/quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations prepared by the offshore team for completeness and accuracy.
- Review all landlord and lease related mail received and distribute to appropriate internal departments and our third party document imaging company for scanning to the offshore team.
- Prepare all documentation required for landlord sales audits.
- Work with landlords, offshore team and internal legal, finance, and accounting departments to ensure accurate and timely application of accounting principles.
- Print and mail sales reports to Landlords on a monthly basis.
- Work with landlords to resolve discrepancies between information in our system and information in the IRS system.
- Deposit checks received from landlord contribution reimbursements, sublease rent payments, CAM and other reconciliations and other miscellaneous reimbursements.
- Assist the Property Accounting Supervisor with ad hoc requests.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience; preferably lease accounting background. Restaurant category experience ideal.
- Knowledge of general and lease accounting principles; ability to interpret the principles and policies to provide accurate answers to customers.
- Display strong commitment to hospitality and excellent customer service skills.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate successfully with customers from other departments and Operations; use tact and diplomacy.
- Have strong computer skills; working knowledge in mainframe and Windows environment.
- Possess a strong knowledge of system procedures relating to general ledger, payables processing, and lease management database (Accruent’s LA8 a plus).
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively work on multiple questions/requests concurrently.
- Excels at working independently; ability to handle responsibilities and/or problems with little supervision.
- Possess excellent time management skills to complete all responsibilities; ability to identify and eliminate low return tasks.
Eat Free at Chilis! Enjoy a complimentary dining card for Chili’s and Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn