Quality Assurance Manager Technical Services
Brinker is Moving to Cypress Waters (635/Beltline) in February
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Job Summary: The QA Manager is responsible for managing product categories to ensure compliance to specification, food safety, and efficient manufacture. Teams effectively with Culinary, Operations, Procurement and other internal functions to understand product attribute needs. Uses knowledge base from food science, manufacturing, and BOH operational training to creatively problem solves as needed to help build products appropriate for the Brinker kitchens. Helps conduct product testing, revise existing products, write specifications for new or existing products as needed. Works closely with vendors to develop and approve processes appropriate for Brinker Food Standards. Coordinates with multiple departments and other members of the culinary team to develop manufactured products, conduct product testing, revise existing products, establish or refine product specifications
- Manages assigned categories to include commercialization and scale up of production, specification preparation, vendor process approval, product evaluation, and supplier follow-up for both NEW and CORE products. Own the Approved Product, Supplier, and Facility list for assigned categories.
- Develops relationships with vendor partners to focus on continuous improvement, timely follow-up of any issues, good communication and documentation as required.
- Teams with Cross-Functional Departments, Procurement, Culinary, Operations, Training, Marketing, etc. to provide timely specification and formulation information as well as work effectively with vendors to provide the products and packaging the internal teams require. Champion a culture of Food Safety by modeling food safe practices and ensuring products are safe for their intended restaurant usage.
- Directs and manages projects within designated timing and budget parameters. Assess and prioritize projects across the brands based on criticality levels.
- Champions continuous improvement in food & beverage by leveraging technology to provide user-friendly cost effective solutions without sacrificing quality and/or food safety.
- Acts as a technical resource for each brand’s culinary team. Technical expertise provided for all new or revised products/procedures; ingredient presentations and tastings; pilot and national tests of new/revised ingredients; nutritional content and product trouble shooting.
- Maintains expertise in current food/dining trends, nutritional standards and foodservice manufacturing & technology through annual conferences/trade shows, ongoing industry presentations, books, trade publications, competitor tastings, etc.
- Manages Hotline Follow-up to address issues at the supplier or distributor and restaurant level.
- Leads Brinker Global QA support for products, approvals, export requirements.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a manufacturing or food service QA role.
- Detailed knowledge of food technology, flavoring and food-related microbiology.
- Expertise in food manufacturing, processes and packaging. Knowledge of food purchasing, product costing, distribution and logistics.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time; ability to manage work with minimal supervision.
- Some knowledge of Statistical Process Control desirable.
- Strong Communication and verbal, written presentation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team. Ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and Maggiano’s. Plus, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn