Payments Accounting Analyst
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Job Summary: The Payment Accounting Analyst is responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities related to accounting for payment processes and initiatives. Payment processes include both gift card and credit card. This position will assist with implementing and accounting for other payment types that arise through technological advancement in both online and in-restaurant payment segments. This position requires accounting knowledge and strong analytical skills to perform job duties such as budgeting, forecasting, reporting and reconciling high-volume payment activity. In addition, this position coordinates and governs certain tasks performed by offshore team members.
- Own reconciliation and supporting internal control documentation of multiple accounts associated with the gift card process
- Preparation of annual budgets and update forecasts monthly for the gift card business
- Report results and provide analysis of financial statement fluctuations to Leadership teams in an organized and easily understood format
- Perform gift card breakage calculations and analysis; communicate results succinctly to Accounting Leadership team
- Perform timely and efficient period-end close processes to ensure accuracy of financial data
- Represent Accounting on project teams and play an active role in implementing new initiatives
- Perform and document SOX compliance and support internal and external audits
- Act as an Accounting liaison to third-party partners and foster positive relationships to support business initiatives
- Proactively search out opportunities to improve business results through analysis and report recommendations to customers in an organized and easily understood format
- Coordinate and govern tasks performed by Offshore team members
- Stay up to date on current trends impacting state and federal laws affecting unclaimed property and the restaurant payment industry
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 3+ years related work experience. Gift Card Accounting experience a plus
- Strong analytical, reporting and critical thinking skills with attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; must be comfortable interacting regularly with internal Leadership teams, Franchisees and third-party partners
- Possess an ability to build relationships effectively and work harmoniously in a team setting
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently
- Superior working knowledge of Excel
- Hyperion, Essbase, and/or ReconNET experience a plus
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn