Financial Reporting Analyst
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting with creating schedule, reconciliation and journal entries related to equity, benefits, insurance and various other financial reporting responsibilities. Also assist with gathering data and preparing documents required by the SEC for external financial reporting including the 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and proxy statements. This position will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
Your Key Job Functions
- Close procedures related to share-based compensation and other share-based activity including journal entries and reconciliations.
- Preparation of the quarterly shareholders’ deficit rollforward.
Benefits & Compensation
- Preparation of the annual 401K reporting package and related audit support procedures.
- Review and posting of the quarterly profit sharing calculation.
- Close procedures such as journal entries, account reconciliations and other schedules related to various benefit processes including workers’ compensation & general liability, FSA, deferred income plan and executive retiree medical plan.
- Preparation of reporting schedules related to long-term debt and restaurant count rollforward.
- Close procedures related to Corporate balance sheet accounts such as prepaids and accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation of 10-K, 10-Q, proxy and press release filings with the SEC, including financial statement footnotes and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
- Maintain appropriate SOX compliance documentation.
- Complete various ad hoc projects.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA candidate preferred, not required.
- 2+ years’ experience and understanding of basic accounting and financial statements.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Team-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships effectively.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on proprietary business information.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn