Real Estate Director
April 8, 2019
Real Estate Director
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Real Estate Director plans and manages new and relocation restaurant development for a specific region to ensure maximum return and profitability in support of Brinker’s growth strategy and in accordance with company standards. This position will support development for both Chili’s and Maggiano’s and require a minimum of directly related restaurant \ retail real estate site selection and development experience.
Your Key Job Functions
- Develops market planning and executes real estate strategy in assigned territory including new store site selection and relocations.
- Identifies, evaluates and secures new locations for Brinker concepts in accordance with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Negotiates deals for new restaurant locations, and relocations including the coordination of and execution with Legal, Finance, Operations, Architect, Construction and other key internal partners.
- Prepares and presents real estate site packages to Real Estate Committee. This includes a comprehensive analysis for each proposed lease, which should accurately reflect all economic, real estate and legal issues pertinent to the lease, including the return on investment for each proposal.
- Manages and coordinates broker network.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with landlords, developers and other retailers.
- Engages with project team members and maintain an active role in the transaction from Site Approval through restaurant opening.
- From time to time, may be requested to get involved with lease renewals, property disposition, and/or property acquisition of existing locations.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate or related field.
- 10+ years in Commercial Real Estate related functions with at least 7 years in Corporate Restaurant, Casual Dining or Retail direct deal negotiation.
- Strong working knowledge of site selection with a demonstrated track record of successfully directing and completing complex deal and lease negotiations.
- Strong business acumen and effectively working with legal, market research and finance partners.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers