Sr Internal Auditor
April 15, 2019
Sr Internal Auditor
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Sr Internal Auditor is responsible for Financial and Process Audits and also supports Financial Reporting and Control environment including SOX requirements.
- Perform audits and special reviews of Company functions, processes, business units, contracts and other activities to ensure reliability and integrity of information, proper recording of transactions, safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies and procedures, achievement of operational goals and objectives, and effective and efficient use of resources.
- Assist with assessing risks and recommending changes to strengthen financial reporting, internal controls or business process controls and operating effectiveness.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Company accounts, financial processes, systems,policies and procedures and maintain technical proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, auditing standards, trends and best practices.
- Respond to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes, policies and procedures and provide consultative services to management including exception reporting and analysis.
- Promote the collection and dissemination of best practices in conjunction with audit activities. Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Ensure that the key controls are documented, communicated, and operated in compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory requirements.
- Work with Business Units to assist in the identification of weaknesses and corrective actions.
- Support internal and external audit processes related to testing of internal controls.
- Effectively handle special assignments, seek out and accept new responsibilities.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related degree.
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), highly preferred.
- 3-5 years prior audit or accounting experience.
- Practical knowledge of processes, risks and internal controls.
- Thorough understanding of audit methodology and process (e.g., COSO and GAAS)
- PC proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively with operating and executive
- Strong analytical, deductive and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Understanding of technical concepts (e.g., COSO)
- Retail or restaurant operations experience a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn