Global Business Development Sr Project Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This role provides support to the Global Development leadership team for growth in international markets. This position is a dual role, offering support of new business development and hands-on execution of new restaurant opening timelines. With minimal supervision, this position oversees numerous projects, performs varied reporting duties, and drives initiatives requiring critical judgment, responsibility, forward thinking, and knowledge of the overall Global Business.
New Business Development Support
- Acts as a strategic business consultant and works closely with the Global leadership and Franchisee team.
- Initial interface / screener / and recommender of third parties to move forward in the new franchise vetting process (including performing business plan review / providing critical business feedback / etc).
- Maintains effective interdepartmental relationships and courteous, effective relationships with external vendors and partners.
- Utilizes various resources to research and compile information relating to expansion into international markets.
- Drives the potential franchisee orientation process from start to finish.
- Manages the International Development Schedule, update and distribute weekly.
- Creates and maintains document management files for international correspondence with Partners.
- Proactively update sales materials / business presentations as necessary.
New Restaurant Opening Project Management
- The primary point of contact for new markets internationally and will spend up to 21 days on the ground to ensure that solid business practices and systems are established and a clear path of success is mapped prior to departing market.
- Provides leadership and acts as on-going liaison between Operations, Design, Supply Chain, Construction, Training, Marketing, Culinary, and Finance teams from start of a project until completion of all punch lists and project initiatives.
- Has a strong, foundational understanding of Franchisee / Franchisor relationship and performance consults accordingly with deliverables aligned and focused on our Brinker Key Results.
- Develops and maintains reference and communication material for opening projects.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3 -5 years of Project Management experience; PMP certification strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years in a casual dining, QSR, or hospitality environment; restaurant operations experience highly preferred.
- Franchising business experience and restaurant/retail development experience preferred.
- Strong experience with the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Smartsheet or other project management software a plus.
- Strong professional accountability.
- Actively solicits, shares, and acts on feedback.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to contribute to the success of the team.
- Advanced leadership and influencing skills.
- Advanced communication skills at all levels, both internal and external.
- Effectively manages multiple projects, demands, and project deadlines.
- Truthful and constructive in their communications and must demonstrate ability to interact easily with diverse ethnic groups and work with people worldwide
- Understands cultures, cultural differences and norms and can change personal approach and style according to Franchisee needs.
- High energy level with drive and desire to accomplish results.
- Ability for international travel.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn