Business Analytics Analyst
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Job Summary: The Business Analyst will partner with Chili’s departments to provide medium to complex data insight and financial analysis support on various initiatives. This will include ad hoc analyses, trend analyses and various reporting related to business results, menu rollouts, operational initiative tests, and specific marketing efforts. There is a heavy focus on measuring, tracking, and reporting key insights on operational initiative tests through APT Test and Learn. Analyses produced by this person will be used to make forward-looking decisions affecting sales, profits, team members, and guests.
- Provide analysis, tracking, and reporting of trends in key operating areas with established performance benchmarks.
- Provide key insights from data analysis to ensure all programs effectively support operational initiatives.
- Maximize reporting efficiencies to enable timely and effective analysis of results.
- Perform review and analysis of P&L results vs. expectations and identify operational steps necessary to improve sales and increase profitability.
- Determine feasibility and/or return on existing programs and proposed programs.
- Proactively search out opportunities for operational improvement through analysis of trends and report to customers in an organized, easily understood format.
- Act as a key contact for Chili’s Team members (Operational and Corporate) with special requests of analysis which will be instrumental in decisions made to improve operational results.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Analytics, Marketing, Finance or Economics).
- MBA a plus.
- 2-3 years related work experience.
- Restaurant Operations and Business Intelligence experience a plus.
- Experienced in Excel and Hyperion Essbase
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to develop financial models.
- Team oriented, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to build relationships effectively.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs