What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion
environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Communications team at Brinker International, Inc. home of Chili’s® Grill & Bar and Maggiano’s Little Italy®, is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our team with excellent writing chops and enough design experience to be dangerous. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about the various communications functions and contribute to meaningful projects that will shift the way communications is done at our corporate office and in our restaurants.
The focus of this role will be supporting content for internal communications to Chili’s restaurant Team Members and management (60% of time) and Team Members who work at our Restaurant Support Center (RSC) here in Dallas (40% of time). Your time will be spent gathering story ideas and crafting messages, to sharing those stories across the organization and measuring the results. As a member of the team, you’ll have exposure to public relations, employer branding, and design and you will learn how communications comes together.
- Manage content from idea, to draft, to publication. Primary responsibilities include the development of engaging and high-quality written materials for multiple channels.
- Work with internal stakeholders to plan, write, edit and design accurate and engaging information in weekly and biweekly newsletters.
- Serve as an editor of information from other stakeholders to ensure consistency in voice and tone of messaging.
- Understand key needs of target audience and tailor messages accordingly.
- Help analyze communication effectiveness benchmarks and maintain archives.
- Collaborate with teams across the RSC to understand and communicate their priorities and news to Team Members.
- Manage Communications inbox requests.
- Collaborate with a variety of people at all levels of the organization and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- Support larger communications team on various projects, as needed.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- Prior Communications internship experience.
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time.
- Proven writing and storytelling skills.
- High attention to detail and a creative thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a proactive and strong interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment.
- Experience using PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite
- Include a link to online portfolio of creative work and writing samples with resume.
- Candidates selected for interview will be required to complete a writing assignment prior to interview.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn