What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Accounting Specialist will provide day-to-day accounting and administrative support for the Revenue Accounting team. This role is responsible for ensuring complete and accurate application of GAAP accounting principles as it relates to processing and monitoring payment adjustments and other supporting responsibilities. It requires a high level of guest service as it requires interaction with restaurant managers and internal team members. Critical to success in this position is the ability to provide quick and accurate turnaround of tasks, decision making, prioritization and adaptability.
Your Key Job Functions
- Provide timely and accurate processing and documentation of credit card adjustment.
- Provide research and analysis of credit card adjustments to determine if credits and applied payments are necessary and reasonable.
- Process credit card adjustments through online portal.
- Process other payment adjustments through the General Ledger.
- Assist Restaurant Managers and other internal customers with credit card-related questions.
- Cross-train with individuals on accounting teams to serve as back-up on guest facing tasks.
- Perform quality control reviews of processes in assigned area.
- Perform ad hoc research as it arises.
- Ensure SOX compliance and provide assistance on audit requests, if applicable.
What You Bring to the Team
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting data entry; credit card processing experience preferred.
- Accounting systems experience a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Possess high professional ethics.
- Provides superior guest service.
- Problem-solve and resolve issues quickly.
- Adaptability and flexibility as job responsibilities are broadened with experience.
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn