PR Communications Coordinator
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker International, Inc., home of Chili’s® Grill & Bar and Maggiano’s Little Italy®, is looking for a communications coordinator with excellent writing chops who will be responsible for supporting attention-getting PR efforts for Brinker and its brands. As a member of the team, you’ll have exposure to public relations, internal communications, employer branding and design to learn how communications holistically comes together and have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to meaningful external and internal communications projects. Plus, you’ll have an integral role working with marketing and exposure to how projects go from ideation into market to consumers.
The focus of this role will be supporting public relations and external communications so it requires a PR professional with deep understanding of media relations and a proven track record of securing coverage being a plus. Your time will be spent translating how business priorities could be media worthy, keeping a pulse on the latest news and top reporters, crafting messages, sharing those stories across the organization and measuring the results. You will also support internal communications projects and get to see how it all truly comes together.
- Support PR Manager with the creation and execution of an inclusive PR strategy and campaign specific plans that align with company objectives
- Provide strategic PR counsel and take a leadership role in supporting Brinker, Chili’s and Maggiano’s philanthropic efforts, global initiatives and franchise projects
- Collaborate with a variety of people at all levels of the organization and meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding work environment Work closely with agency partners and support on status calls and meetings ensuring partners are informed
- Generate story ideas and topic angles
- Pitch and build relationships with local, regional, national and trade media and bloggers to land earned coverage
- Develop press materials maintaining brand voice, such as press releases, pitches, media alerts, executive bios, fact sheets and press kit materials to effectively tell the brand story, with a focus on digital content
- Lead PR reporting and coverage highlight reels
- Monitor media outlets for company and competitor news; assist in strategic media list building and stay informed of key issues and trends impacting the industry and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Manage content updates for brinker.com and maintain asset library for press including images, videos and other multimedia content that tells the brand story
- Manage Brinker media hotline requests
- Support crisis and issues communications, as needed
- Understand key needs of the brand’s target audiences and tailor messages accordingly
- Support larger communications team on various projects, as needed
- Write internal communications maintaining brand voice, such as articles for the internal newsletters, digital boards, etc.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Recent graduate with Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field/experience
- Prior Communications and/or Public Relations Internship experience
- Proven writing and storytelling skills, with writing samples to show
- Meticulous attention to detail and a creative thinker with proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and deliver on time
- Team player with a proactive and strong interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment
- Self-starter that can drive initiatives from start to completion with little guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with Team Members across multiple levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines and objectives
- Experience and understanding of integrated marketing efforts, including knowledge of new social media trends, pop-culture moments and more
- Strong professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations
- Well-versed in Associated Press (AP) Style
- Ability to work outside typical 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. timeframe as situations arise and some travel involved
- A proven track record of securing coverage in local, regional and national outlets
- Experience with Cision building media lists, tracking coverage, downloading media clips and reporting
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality industry
- Experience in PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Include a link to online portfolio of writing samples with resume.
- Candidates selected for interview will be required to complete a timed writing assignment with interview.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn