July 25, 2019
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Job Summary: The Restaurant Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely monthly restaurant P&L statements. The position requires knowledge of basic financial processes. Individuals in this position manage several tasks concurrently and are called upon to quickly troubleshoot and provide practical solutions to problems.
- Provide level one support to Brinker operations management teams, including but not limited to Inventory & MenuLink questions/clarifications, problem-solving and research, and ad hoc operations requests.
- Provide front-line/customer-facing support to Brinker team members, supplier partners and third party service providers.
- Perform end of period trend analysis on MOS account categories and some detailed MOS lines, researching in more detail where necessary.
- Prepare and update recurring journal entries.
- Support monitoring, maintaining and reconciling of all brand charity initiatives.
- Utilize critical thinking and research skills to resolve issues/opportunities.
- Support ad hoc reporting and audit schedules as requested.
- Support training of third-party outsource provider on new processes and ongoing functional issues that arise.
- Support timely and accurate review and sign-off of journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare and review exception expenses.
- Gather data from restaurants regarding inventory write-offs due to phased out menu items and commodity recalls.
- Perform some specific balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support payroll functions, such as researching payroll issues and correcting, researching and correcting suspense accounts.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in relevant accounting functions.
- General ledger knowledge required.
- Customer service experience required.
- Financial Reporting and GAAP knowledge a plus.
- Display knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger systems; ability to apply principles to job responsibilities.
- Strong team and customer focus.
- Ability to work with all levels to accomplish department/group objectives.
- Display ability to make quick decisions that are appropriate for the situation.
- Strong organizational skills to manage and accomplish tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
Eat Free at Chili’s! Enjoy a complimentary dining card to Chili’s and discount to Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your well-being with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn