Payroll Support Specialist
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community.
Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Bring Guests Back, Engage Team Members, Grow Sales and Increase Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position is the primary contact from Brinker’s restaurants to its outsourcing partners. It requires knowledge of complex payroll processing for US Hourly and Salaried payroll, as well as special payroll processing. Individuals in this position will be required to retrieve and analyze data in order to continuously provide guidance for quality standards to outsourcing partners. This team member will be required to troubleshoot and provide practical solutions to inquiries from Restaurant Managers, Team Members, and other customers with a focus on exceptional hospitality. The position occasionally requires overtime.
Your Key Job Functions
- Provide front line customer service support to Brinker team members.
- Utilize critical thinking and research skills to resolve escalations.
- Ensure that outsourcing partner adheres to guidelines in service level agreement
- Partner with outsourcing vendor to assist in problem solving with the ability to identify the central issue, explore resolutions and provide guidance on the best option based on circumstance.
- Utilize decision making skills to think quickly and make decisions that support Brinker’s vision.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of departmental and company accounting/payroll policies and procedures.
- Manage multiple priorities while multi-tasking within a fast paced environment.
- Serve as subject matter expert during the testing of new processes and help transition other team member to new process.
- Train third-party outsource provider on new processes, compliance regulations and ongoing functional issues.
- Interact and coordinate with offshore team on a daily basis.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of US multi-state payroll processing and automated payroll experience required.
- 1-2 years of General Ledger (GL) experience to including account reconciliation required.
- 1-2 years of payroll analytical experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience; answering employee inquiries regarding their payroll.
- Intermediate level of experience with Excel.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects based on cost/benefit.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills to quickly identify and resolve issues.
Eat Free at Chilis! You receive a complimentary dining card for 100% at Chili’s and 50% at Maggiano’s. We also offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn