Team Member Relations Specialist
Human Resources / PeopleWorks
January 5, 2021
Team Member Specialist
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Team Member Relations Specialist will be looked to as a subject matter expert and will coach and guide managers through performance management and investigations by advising on policy interpretation, best practices, outcomes and closure. This position will provide support to the Chili’s Field Operations Team by addressing basic Team Member issues at the first point of contact. The role will also be responsible for Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
The individual is responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships by providing trend analysis and proactively meeting our clients’ needs. This role requires an individual with a high amount of drive, independent judgment, ability to influence, and the ability to execute quality decisions in a fast paced and high volume environment.
Your Key Job Functions
- Partners with restaurant leaders on Team Member Relations matters, including elevated and allegations of a sensitive nature. Coaches Restaurant Leaders on conducting proper investigations and provides options and advice for outcomes.
- Instills trust and confidence by maintaining objectivity and clearly communicating rationale behind recommendations
- Acts as a consultant in determining coaching opportunities and/or disciplinary action and terminations. Partners with People Works Partners, Regional Directors and Area Directors on complex or escalated issues.
- Collaborates with Restaurant Support Center Leadership to communicate and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and government regulations, including I-9 compliance.
- Conducts exit interviews with departing managers, capturing and reporting trends, retention recommendations and best practices. High level of detailed analysis required.
- Develops specialized knowledge of assigned geographical locations and provides feedback, training and expertise to management on trends or escalated Team Member Relations needs.
- Other related duties and special projects as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Business or Human Resource Management is preferred
- Bilingual fluency skills is preferred
- Possess considerable knowledge of employee relations and labor law; the principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management.
- Has a sound working knowledge of data collection procedures and HR analytics
- Able to research information and analyze data converting it to a plan of action.
- Able to prepare detailed reports and recommendations, representing ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Able to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Highly effective at participating in difficult, often emotionally charged conversations that lead to clarity around issues, expectations, consequences, and next steps.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers