Corporate Communications / Public Relations
January 12, 2021
Public Relations/Communications Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Public Relations/Communications Manager will lead strategic public relations initiatives for Chili’s® Grill and Bar, a high sales/revenue restaurant company, and support Brinker International and Maggiano’s Little Italy®, as needed. The PR/Communications Manager is responsible for establishing productive relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in other marketing disciplines (Consumer Insights, Promotions, Media Services, CRM, Operations) as well as other functional areas of Chili’s (Legal, Finance and Human Resources) to achieve successful development, integration and execution of communication plans. This role will contribute to the development of the annual marketing communications plan and will help manage the overall strategy of external public relations agency partners.
This individual will interface with senior management across the organization responsible for formulating strategy and directing company response in the face of adversity or crisis situations. This individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence. This person should bring innovative thinking that provides new ideas and perspectives on how to move the brand perception forward, demonstrate strong leadership skills, ability to motivate and lead teams, as well as coach and develop direct report.
Your Key Job Functions
- Develop communications programs that create positive recognition of Chili’s vision, values and business strategies to increase Team Member engagement.
- Manage the development, creation and execution of rich and creative content including scripts, speeches, web content, presentations, announcements and other material while ensuring all messages align with Chili’s strategy and initiatives.
- Draft, proofread and edit content, reports, presentations and other written materials.
- Support setting agenda and cadence for company meetings and events for delivery of company culture and business strategy.
- Ensure consistent messaging in partnership with PR and Brand communications across Brinker and Brands.
What You Bring To the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 to 7 years of Public Relations marketing experience.
- Restaurant experience preferred, but not required.
- Crisis communications experience preferred.
- Experience managing outside agencies preferred.
- Cross-functional team experience.
- Excellent understanding of public relations, branding and marketing principles.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven flawless execution.
- Strong project management and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Self-starter, assertive, go-getter with high energy and desire to drive the business.
- Highly collaborative work style.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers