February 18, 2021
Corporate Counsel (Director Level)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Help our brands grow by working with our real estate development team to negotiate new restaurant leases and solve legal real estate issues. Build strong business relationships with Brinker business teams and learn business priorities so that you can provide legal advice in a way that achieves business results. Supervise a team of paralegals/property managers that manage lease and real estate issues for a large portfolio of restaurants. Other responsibilities may include general corporate legal matters or providing legal support as needed in areas ranging from finance to data privacy. Specific work responsibilities may include:
- Drafting and negotiating leases, purchase and sale agreements, lease amendments, easements, SNDAs and other real estate documents
- Performing or supervising a paralegal that performs real estate due diligence for new restaurant development
- Supervising a team of paralegals/property managers that manage lease and real estate issues for a portfolio of more than 1,000 restaurant properties and helping them solve legal issues
- Partnering with business teams to negotiate a variety of agreements
- Developing expertise in specific areas of the law and then providing advice and support to business teams in those areas, which may include areas of information technology agreements, digital marketing, data privacy or financial agreements
- Reviewing or drafting general corporate documents
- Advising management on ways to reduce or manage legal risks and to solve problems.
What You Bring to the Team
- J.D. from an accredited law school and a license to practice law in at least one state
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience
- Leadership--ability to establish clear expectations aligned with organizational priorities and the ability to achieve results through a team by encouraging performance through motivation, recognition and timely feedback
- Business Judgment--ability to analyze complex issues and make appropriate legal and business judgments based on sound reasoning and legal and financial analysis
- Learning Capability--desire to develop additional competencies, ability to learn efficiently and willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Relationship management--ability to interact effectively both formally and informally with cross functional teams and to build trust by practicing the principles of our culture of accountability
- Problem Solving—ability to think forward to anticipate risks and opportunities and the ability to find creative, business-minded solutions.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers