Financial Systems Support Analyst
March 19, 2021
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position functions as a Financial Systems Analyst to provide support to the accounting team and their business partners. This position will act as a liaison between the Information Technology Department and the accounting business team. This position requires a high level of accounting acumen and a strong technical aptitude.
This position works with minimal supervision focusing on: 1) supporting changes and process improvements through the general design, testing and installation of new programs. 2) Troubleshooting and resolving existing issues in programs, integrations, or data, causing a disruption in business continuity. 4) Data mining financial information for business teams. 5) Maintaining financial system configurations, report writers, organizational charts, closing schedules, payment cycles and other business critical maintenance.
Critical to success in this position is the ability to display a high level of independent problem solving, decision making, prioritization, sense of urgency, quick turnaround, adaptability, customer service skills, implementation skills and the ability to support diverse projects/problems. This position requires a detailed understanding of the application, use, and problem solving of all systems involved in the Brinker International Accounting Department and systems with which those applications interface.
Your Key Job Functions
Serve as an ongoing liaison between Accounting and IT to resolve business continuity issues
- Brain storm with programmers to assist in development of user enhancement requests to best support user needs and a constantly changing business environment.
- Coordinate/support testing of program modifications and identify if all specifications are met.
- Perform monthly functions including maintaining Chart of Accounts, Chart of reporting, Report Writers, system-generated allocations, loading budgets, reconciling of suspense accounts, and updating system configurations.
- Assist in the management of timely and efficient month-end closing processes and ensure the results report accurately and fairly represent the financial and statistical transactions conducted.
- Support all SOX related requests from internal and external auditors.
- Partner with business teams to develop systematic solutions to new business challenges.
- Troubleshoot problems and errors on a daily basis and make appropriate decisions to ensure an accurate and timely solution.
- Ad hoc reporting and data mining to support business team inquiries.
- Analyze Issues - Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses.
- Handling Complexity - Recognizes implications and relationships among problems or issues; understands how seemingly unrelated elements fit together; processes complex or rapidly flowing information and ideas to extract key issues and implications.
- Technical Expertise – Has a strong technical aptitude, understands and applies technical knowledge to varied scenarios, keeps up-to-date with job-related knowledge such as software applications, query, Internet/Intranet, Essbase, SQL, MS Access, Peoplesoft/Oracle, Infinium/Infor. Ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple software applications.
- Problem Solving - Quickly determines when deviations or anomalies can lead to problems; recognizes symptoms of problems and systematically identifies systemic causes of problems; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; solves problems quickly and effectively.
- Drive for Results - Drives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Demonstrate Adaptability - Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Anticipates customer needs; takes action to meet customer needs; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction.
What You Bring to the Team
- BS/BA degree, Technology /Accounting/Finance preferred
- 2-5+ years in an Accounting department, restaurant and/or multi-unit retail OR 2-5+ years in a Systems environment.
- Working Knowledge of large accounting software packages preferred (Peoplesoft, Oracle Cloud, Infor,JD Edwards)
- Working Knowledge of supporting software packages preferred (Reconnet, Managed Path, MS Access, Smart sheet/Essbase,)
- Experience working with integrations between Point of Sale and Accounting Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Products (Excel, MS Access, Word)
- Ability to write ad hoc query and extract data
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practical application of said principles
- Ability to listen effectively: draw out customer issues in a open, positive and constructive manner
- Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers
- Excellent quantitative analytics skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!
Join our talent communities!