Director of Facilities
October 13, 2021
Director of Facilities
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position is responsible for overseeing the planning, supervision, and execution of facilities support in the field or restaurant support center (RSC).
- Attract, coach, develop, and motivate a team of Senior and/or Regional Facilities Managers and/or Project managers to effectively utilize individual and group potential.
- Performance based management including, annual focal point reviews, team member development plans and completion of succession planning. Develop individual measurable goals for the expected performance to ensure an “A” team mentality.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic plans and facilitate the execution of the operating plans for Support services, Facilities and RSC.
- Provide ongoing positive relationships with various RSC departments, Brand Operations, Restaurant Development and Purchasing.
- Act as the leader between Facilities and the designated Brand’s Operations and/or RSC leadership regarding all facilities related initiatives and support.
- Collaborate across all Brand’s operations and/or RSC departments to facilitate streamlining of processes to increase productivity and drive key business results.
- Foster an environment that reinforces the beliefs of Feedback is priceless, accountability, and trust that enables the focus on Sales, profits, team members and guests.
- Manage the consistency of facilities operating procedures through field site visits with RFM’s, Sr. RFM’s and/or Project managers and evaluate /measure results, in order to improve processes.
- Oversee the continued development of vendor base to ensure coverage of all major trades and fully qualified vendors on a national and/or regional level.
- Ensure financial controls are in place and used for bidding, Afe submission, supplemental and work justification. Effectively monitor RSC and/or Brand’s R&M, FF&E, and Capital budgets.
- Possess a high level of technical expertise that will ensure the management and supervision in validating the condition of major building and site components; provide guidance in the development of the scope for needed repairs/replacements in compliance with Brinker specifications.
- Identify and lead needed changes from both an RSC and field perspective.
- Develop quarterly expense needs for the campus through campus walks including the use of the assessment document on an annual basis
- Continual monitoring and updating of the campus 5 year plan for needed upgrades and replacements.
- Support Education of Brand’s restaurant operators through technical and financial R&M Modules performed by RFM’s by attending and participation in training classes in the field.
- Develop strong relationships with RVP and/or RDs by providing ongoing business updates, vendor performance, financial support and education. Attend RD meetings with Facilities managers presenting information relative to these topics.
- Hospitality Focus- Demonstrates excellence in hospitality by anticipating guest (internal customers, restaurant guests, and vendors) needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed guest expectations.
- Brinker Professionalism- Embodies Brinker professionalism, values, and principles in words and actions and effectively demonstrates the Brinker behaviors.
- Influencing- Makes an impact on the organization by demonstrating expertise and influencing the actions of others, with or without formal authority.
- Demonstrating Leadership- Demonstrates leadership skills by setting high standards and building a strong team that can effectively execute against those standards.
- Coaching and Developing Others- Coaches and grows the talent of others by providing feedback, holding people accountable, and rewarding and recognizing success.
Driving Business Results
- Driving for Results- Drives business performance by modeling personal commitment and by challenging and pushing the organization to excel and achieve.
- Making Sound Decisions- Anticipates potential problems through careful and systematic evaluation of information and quickly decides on the most appropriate action.
- Establishing Plans- Works smart by effectively organizing and planning work according to organizational needs and objectives.
- Fostering Open Dialogue- Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Organizational Savvy- Recognizing and understanding organizational politics and working within organizational dynamics to accomplish objectives.
- Championing Change- Taking action to support and implement change initiatives effectively.
What You Bring to the Team
- College Degree (Construction management, project management) preferred.
- 3+ years of supervisory and management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Multi-Building Facilities, Construction Management, and/or Restaurant Facilities management preferred.
- Working knowledge of Facilities, Construction, Design, Purchasing, Finance, and Restaurant Operations
- Experience managing contractors and sub-contractors.
- Computer literate (Outlook, MS Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge of specific construction techniques, methods, and practices.
- Ability to manage and lead team of Facilities managers to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to travel 40 to 50% of the time, if required.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!
Join our talent communities!