Certified Virtual Trainer - Spanish Required
Human Resources / PeopleWorks
December 20, 2021
Bilingual Certified Virtual Trainer (Spanish)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Your primary function as a Trainer is to set-up each and every restaurant for success and provide great training to the new Team Members. As a Certified Virtual Trainer, you represent your Brand, Brinker International, and your home restaurant at all times. Keep this in mind when you are in AND out of the restaurant.
Facilitate interactive, virtual classrooms to all new Team Members. Provide them with the information and skills necessary to successfully provide great food and great hospitality to our Guests. Success in this role includes being an upbeat team player who is flexible, animated, proactive and passionate about spreading our culture.
Your Key Job Functions
- Facilitate highly engaging training sessions trough webinar.
- Prepare training materials and ensure the new Team Members have all supporting materials and resources.
- Come prepared. You are responsible for facilitating and moderating virtual training sessions. Take role and respond to questions and comments in the chat feature.
- Please be up to date on all of your LINC courses and Chilihead Chats found in LINC. Take some time each night to organize your thoughts and materials for the next day. Good preparation will help you look professional. Bring a notebook and be sure to take good notes and keep track of any questions you might have or updates that you need to remember.
- Have a positive attitude and don’t forget to have fun! Use games and humor to make training fun for the new Team Members. Be careful when using sarcasm. Consider how comments might be perceived.
- Treat everyone as an equal. Make an effort to join in their conversation. Work to develop a professional rapport with new Team Members by explaining WHY we do things the Chili’s way. This will help earn their respect.
- Ask questions if you don’t understand what is expected of you, or if you don’t know the answer to something.
- Provide thorough and timely feedback on new Team Members to Management team.
- Motivate and set the example for new Team Members including looking presentable.
- Come with an open mind. Be open to learning a new approach.
- Coach, evaluate and develop new Team Members.
- May perform other duties as required.
What You Bring to the Team
- In-restaurant Trainer 3-6 months
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to Speak Spanish and Facilitate in Spanish
- Approved by the GM and DO
- Skilled in classroom/webinar facilitation
- Communicates information using a variety of training methods (virtual classroom, visual, role-play, etc.)
- Adapts work style to be effective with different types of learners
- Displays leadership qualities
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Follows company rules and guidelines
- Flexible to rules and guidelines that are specific to a franchise organization
- Always dressed in the correct uniform
- Courteous and respectful of others
- Approachable and friendly
- An Ambassador of Hospitality to others
- Interested in exposure to other cultures
- Accepting of other perspectives and viewpoints
- Avoids showing frustration in front of new Team Members
- Handles appreciative and constructive feedback with poise
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers