January 10, 2022
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position performs and exceeds the expectations in the performance of the construction manager position.
Your Key Job Functions
Follow established guidelines and procedures to increase communication and efficiency in the construction of new restaurants. Items include but not limited to:
- 7+ years supervisory and management experience. The ideal candidate would have 3+ yrs of restaurant construction background as an owner’s rep.
- A desire to work in a team-based work environment and self-motivated to exceed expectations.
- Participating in the planning process by providing budgeting information to property development.
- Pre-qualify contractors
- Develop a bid list for assigned projects; analyze bids and award project contractor.
- Redline and markup plans and specifications
- Manage 4-5 construction projects at a time as workload requires (approx. 8-10/yr)
- Establish and monitor construction schedule
- Perform on site inspections (approx. every 3-4 weeks depending on schedule and timing)
- Track and monitor construction progress through site reports
- Ensure positive coordination and liaison between contractor, purchasing and Opening units
- Obtain certificate of occupancy
- Turnover building to operations at designated time and ensures construction impact is minimal once the building is in the hands of operations.
- Ensure punch list items are completed in a timely manner
- Transfer project to facilities and ensure administrative close out of project
- Ensure standards are being met through field inspections to verify construction is adhering to plans and specifications.
- Ensure change orders and punch list items are at a minimum.
- Ensure project cost stays within approved budget amounts. Review and Approve contractor invoice request. Review, Approve or Deny contractor change order requests.
- Establish construction schedule and ensure project is completed on time.
- Ensure positive communication and team orientation with member of development team, operations and the construction team.
What You Bring to the Team
- College degree (Architecture/Civil Engineering/Construction Management) preferred.
- Working knowledge in Brinker concept architecture and required techniques and materials.
- Working knowledge on potential contractors and sub-contractors.
- Working knowledge of negotiating techniques and skills, command of language.
- Computer literate.
- Working knowledge of specific construction techniques, methods and practices.
- 7+ years exposure to commercial project leadership is preferred.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers