Job Search


Sr. Internal Auditor- Finance

Dallas, TX
April 4, 2022

Sr. Internal Auditor - Financial

Coppell, TX

What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special.  Life is short. Work happy.

At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.

Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all. 


An ideal role for individuals with a passion for:

  • Learning key business concepts and considerations
  • Analyzing complex and varied aspects of the business
  • Helping organizations become more efficient and effective
  • Effectively managing relationships and communication to deliver valued results

This position would spend approximately 70% of their time on the Financial Reporting and Control Environment, including Sarbanes Oxley requirements. The remaining 30% on Financial and Process Audits

  • Assist in planning and execution of financial, operational, and compliance audits and special reviews of Company functions, processes, business units, contracts and other activities to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls, reliability and integrity of information, proper recording of transactions, safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies and procedures, achievement of operational goals and objectives, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
  • Execute SOX compliance testing including interviews, walkthroughs, and testing to ensure  key internal controls are documented, communicated, and operated in compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory requirements communicating any gaps, weaknesses or deficiencies.
  • Develop a thorough understanding of Company accounts, financial processes, systems,

policies and procedures and maintain technical proficiency with Generally Accepted

Accounting Principles, auditing standards, trends and best practices.

  • Perform risk assessments, recommending any changes to strengthen financial reporting, internal controls or business process controls and operating effectiveness.
  • Respond to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes,

policies and procedures and provide consultative services to management including

exception reporting and analysis.

  • Identify and share best practices in conjunction with audit activities. Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
  • Support internal and external audit processes related to testing of internal controls.
  • Effectively handle special assignments, seek out and accept new responsibilities.

What You Bring to the Team

  • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related degree.
  • Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
  • Three to five years prior audit or accounting experience.
  • Practical knowledge of processes, risks and internal controls.
  • Thorough understanding of audit standards, methodology and process (e.g., COSO and GAAS)
  • PC proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
  • Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and communicate succinctly and effectively with all levels within the organization including operating and executive Management
  • Strong analytical, deductive and problem solving skills.
  • Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
  • Understanding of technical concepts (e.g., COSO)
  • Retail or restaurant operations experience a plus.

Why Brinker

We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts.  Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.

Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment!  Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.

Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities!  Brinker Careers  

Join our talent communities!   Brinker  LinkedIn 



Share this entry