Lead Project Manager- Accounting
April 29, 2022
Accounting Functional Lead Project Manager – Short Term Hire
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker is in the progress of implementing Oracle Cloud, Core ERP. The Enterprise Design has been completed and the team has begun the build/sprint work of the project working with a third party implementer. Brinker is looking for a dedicated project manager to support their Accounting team in in their journey.
Your Key Job Functions
Accounting Workstream PM – Role and Responsibilities
- Connect with Brinker functional lead to ensure the alignment on tasks for PM to manage
- Assess Brinker resource needs to support deliverables to meet program timeline
- Build a workstream specific timeline view and help overlay all parallel workload tasks (End of Year, Audit, Open Enrollment, etc...)
- Leverage functional and Oracle expertise to act as a sounding board for Accounting team
- On a day to day basis manage all workstream/track level deliverables and tasks
- Proactively connects with functional lead providing status across all track level activities and identify issues and risks
- Ensure Software Implementation partner is meeting deadlines
- Review and manages JIRA user stories statuses including coordination of assignment, reviews, approval for each sprint
- Create the workstream weekly status report for core team status meeting
- Own RAID items and outstanding workstreams tasks ensuring closure
- Book and attend meetings as necessary to help identify potential roadblocks and challenges
What You Bring to the Team
- Strong Functional experience
- Solid understanding of Agile Methodology
- Strong communication, organization, and ability to not only advocate for the business but push back as needed
- Restaurant and/or retail experience is a nice to have
- Local to DFW is preferred
- Term – approximately a year
- Ideally would like the project manager to come into the office on a weekly basis, but not full time