Sr. Manager - Financial Reporting
December 13, 2022
Sr. Manager - Financial Reporting
Dallas, TX (Coppell)
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Your Key Job Functions
The Financial Reporting Senior Manager manages financial reporting functions including SEC reporting. This role has direct oversight of a team of financial analysts and reports to the Senior Director – Financial Reporting. Prepare and manage the drafting and filing processes for all SEC filings, including 10-K/10-Q, XBRL, 8-K’s and Proxy Statement.
- Manage internal and external relationships in a positive manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside the function to achieve goals, simplify processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
- Develop technical and professional skills of direct reports and teams, empower self-directed career progression and create an environment where team member engagement and effective collaboration is a priority
- Manage the drafting and filing processes for all SEC filings, including 10-K/10-Q, XBRL, 8-K’s and Proxy Statement.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly earnings materials including the company’s earnings release in coordination with Investor Relations
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a team of financial analysts
- Perform review duties, including review of 10-Q/10-K support, month-end close journal entries and select account reconciliations
- Review and in certain instances, prepare quarterly balance sheet and income statement analysis
- Complete special projects and prepare analyses for management requiring analysis of financial information as requested
- Distribute monthly and quarterly financial statements to various stakeholders
- Review annual impairment analyses for goodwill and other intangible assets
- Perform or oversee technical accounting research for various areas including goodwill, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, lease accounting, debt transactions, segment reporting and other matters
- Manage relationship with external and internal auditors including coordination of the year-end audit, quarterly reviews, benefit plan audits and other statutory audits
- Responsibility for internal controls and process narratives for direct areas of responsibility
- Assist in the budgeting/forecasting process as needed
- Responsible for adhering with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
What You Bring to the Team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with all levels within the organization
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- 7+ years of total experience in a public accounting firm and/or a public company environment.
- Supervisory experience required
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with XBRL
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and data quality control
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills,
- Work independently and effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently; able to multi-task and adapt quickly to a dynamic work environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers