Sr. IT Auditor
January 25, 2023
Sr. IT Auditor
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
The Sr. IT Auditor conducts IT audit assignments evaluating the risks and internal control effectiveness of Company’s IT environment. The role is responsible for annual IT SOX (general IT and application controls) and risk-based audit testing. Position offers a rare, balanced mix of compliance and non-compliance projects that provides for a broad IT auditing experience. Non-compliance work driven by periodic IT risk assessments, annual ERM process, and management-requested efforts to ensure projects are relevant and providing value.
Your Key Job Functions
- As a key priority, initiates and maintains effective relationships with management and process owners and identifies significant risks and related controls within their business. Seeks to increase customer satisfaction while challenging the status quo and enhancing the Company’s control environment.
- Acts with a sense of urgency with regard to project timelines and risk mitigation. Ensures closure of issues while considering a broader understanding of Company strategy. Grasps complexities, perceives relationships among projects, and includes others in problem-solving efforts. Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others.
- Performs all activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX) including: risk assessment, scoping, requirement/control documentation, testing of design and operating effectiveness, remediation consulting and testing, project management/status tracking and reporting.
- Understands and evaluates the internal control and risk environment. Conducts complex engagements that are designed to assess the organization’s information technology (IT) risk exposure and recommend any needed enhancements to IT business systems, processes, and controls.
- Supports the Internal Audit department by participating in a variety of projects. Projects may include, but are not limited to, risk-based audits, risk assessments, managed-requested projects covering cybersecurity, data privacy, information security, third party risks, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), IT operations and system configuration.
- Prepares comprehensive, well-written Internal Audit Reports summarizing the review results. Conducts closing meetings and presentation of IT audit results. Follows-up on status of prior IT audit recommendations to ensure report recommendations are implemented on a timely basis.
- Fosters collaboration between individuals, teams and departments. Participates in and supports culture of receiving and providing priceless feedback to win together.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development. Routinely incorporates in work up-to-date knowledge of the profession and industry.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years of IT experience, including minimum of two years of IT control consulting / assessment experience.
- Possess strong IT audit experience and knowledge in the areas of technology infrastructure, information security, and cloud environments: Infrastructure (Windows, iSeries/AS400, Linux), Database Architecture (SQL Server, Oracle), SaaS (Oracle), Network Devices, and Active Directory.
- Experienced in SOX General IT Controls testing.
- Experience in cybersecurity, information security, and PCI DSS compliance testing is preferred, but not required.
- Technical experience as a Database Administrator (DBA), Software Developer/Programmer or Infrastructure role is preferred, but not required.
- Solid understanding of General Computer and Application controls.
- Possesses knowledge of common exploits, vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
- Proven ability to communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- A self-starter with strong project management experience with the ability to multi-task and meet project timelines.
- Strong communication skills; comfortable working collaboratively with internal and external partners.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers