Category Manager IT Procurement
August 17, 2023
IT Procurement Category Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
This position, within the Indirect Procurement Team, is responsible for supporting Brinker’s various internal stakeholders and Restaurant operations in strategic sourcing activities (such as hardware, software, outsourcing, mobility, cloud, big data & new emergent technologies, hardware and software maintenance & support services, e-learning & development initiatives, human resources services, and other products/services) for corporate services, with the goals of achieving and leveraging program and process efficiencies, cost reductions, while continuously improving/maintaining product quality/performance and supplier service levels.
Your Key Job Functions
Key job responsibilities include partnering with the business stakeholders to understand sourcing needs to establish and drive cost saving targets inclusive of, but not limited to:
Creating, writing, managing, and applying procurement knowledge to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and/or Requests for Quotes (RFQs) for goods and/or services.
Negotiate prices and terms, analyze results, and contribute to any recommendations made as a result of the proposal process. Ensure the appropriate business terms are incorporated into all resulting agreements.
Negotiating agreements with buy-in from stakeholders and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, ensuring that Brinker receives best in class pricing for like goods and services, leveraging terms, conditions, and volumes where appropriate, developing, managing, and evaluating a portfolio of suppliers.
Developing and negotiating Master Services Agreements (MSA), Professional Services Agreements (PSA), Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements, End User License Agreements (EULA), Training as a Service (TaaS) Agreements, Evaluation Agreements, Statements of Work (SoW), Statement of Services (SoS), etc., and the respective business terms and conditions for each agreement that will have the objective of creating value for the internal stakeholders while maximizing year over year cost savings and level objectives.
Comprehend all types of contracts as they relate to penalties, discounts, “out of scope charges”, invoicing and billing procedures.
Work closely with the Brinker’s legal department to ensure full leverage and protection throughout the regular communications with clients, including periodic executive updates.
This position will be responsible for addressing day to day operational issues including project management, product and program rollouts and maintenance, Multi Market Tests (MMTs), sourcing new and/or alternate items, services and solving issues. The ability to collaborate with IT, Restaurant Operations, Strategic Innovation, Learning & Development, and other support departments is critical.
Proven collaborative and interpersonal skills required to build, support, and participate in cross functional teams. Able to successfully work independently, on teams and/or with minimal supervision.
Manage multiple projects within established timelines to stakeholder’s requirements.
Review/analyze information to make sound project recommendations and system/process improvements.
Review/analyze various agreement documents to ensure they meet Brinker requirements with Legal and Risk Management support.
Provide on-going communication to business stakeholders, project teams, suppliers, and management.
As needed, act as a point of escalation for Brinker team members in times of contract disputes and/or service issues.
Responsible for developing and maintaining contact with key suppliers. Develop supplier scorecards, facilitate and/or participate in quarterly business reviews.
Identify new suppliers as necessary and determine the optimal set of providers for goods and services.
Keep informed of key industry and market information including category specific trends, market conditions, and best in class suppliers. Develop working knowledge of other related fields in order to better support the Procurement organization.
What You Bring to the Team
· 5 years non-food purchasing experience strongly preferred. Restaurant or hospitality industry strongly preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree; equivalent business school training; or the equivalent work life experience in skill and training.
· Technical Knowledge- demonstrates broad and deep technical knowledge of commodity and product procurement including specification, market trends, proficient interfacing between vendor/customer and purchasing.
· Communication Skills- excellent verbal, written and oral capabilities to deal independently with internal customers and external resources.
· Budget/Cost Control- general understanding of procurement budgeting and cost control functions, with ability to perform complex budgeting/cost control processes.
· Judgment/Decision Making- ability to make appropriate business judgments and decisions independently. Demonstrated ability to perform strategic thinking and planning.
· Problem Solving- ability to independently work through complex problems and derive innovative solutions/options.
· Negotiating/Analytical- ability to conduct complex negotiations and perform complex vendor/pricing analysis independently.
· Interpersonal Skills- ability to build effective organizational relationships inside and outside the department; ability to inspire trust via open, candid relationships, fair treatment, and behavior consistent with expressed beliefs and commitments.
· Strategic Management- ability to develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities.
· Presentation Skills- ability to make clear, concise, and convincing business presentations that will have high level impact with executive and senior level management.
· Leadership- ability to act as team leader for special task assignments; providing leadership in development of purchasing skills and specific commodity knowledge for project team members; demonstrated ability to develop subordinates by driving, delegating, supporting, coaching, and empowering.
· Computer Skills- working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Sourcing software.
· Other- strong ability to elicit internal and external support; strong interpersonal skills; strong ability to work under pressure and short timelines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines as required.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers