Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager
Human Resources / PeopleWorks
September 24, 2020
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Program Manager
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Provide enterprise-wide support and management of programs to support the diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy. Coordinate and support implementation of various programs to ensure timely and accurate completion of goals delivering a culture of inclusion to our TMs, guests, and in the communities where we operate.
Your Key Job Functions
- Develop and manage relationships with business partners and subject matter experts across the organization to build allies, source opportunities for collaboration, and drive DEI initiatives
- Provide TM, Guest, and crisis operational support to restaurants, GET, TMR, and PWPs for issue resolution and consulting
- Offer counsel to underrepresented groups supporting an inclusive environment and ensure all voices are heard
- Identify, analyze, and communicate DEI trends, issues, and opportunities. Understand business implications and impacts to TMs and the company
- Lead cross-functional projects, facilitate meetings, and create project documentation and project plans, including success metrics, timelines, and milestones to ensure timely completion of deliverables. Communicate project status and effectiveness for reporting
- Support relationships with relevant professional organizations, educational institutions, community groups, and non-profit organizations to promote the company’s DEI efforts
- Partner with Talent Mgmt to implement sourcing and attraction strategies to support pipeline with underrepresented talent
- Have the ability to communicate how DEI strategy ties to the organization's direction and business planning objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team
- Relevant experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Work experience in human resources, diversity, employee or organizational development
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence others, including the ability to articulate the full spectrum of DEI considerations with confidence and empathy
- Ability to perform quantitative and comparative data validation and analytics/ track trends over time
- Strong agility and ability to build trust and credibility and to navigate a complex landscape
- Experience leading Teams, change agent
- Knowledge of labor and human rights and other equity-related legislation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening skills and the ability to mentor, coach, and provide guidance to others
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in individual and group settings
- Strong organizing skills with the ability to prioritize and respond to shifting deadlines
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers