Sr. Director of Supply Chain
January 8, 2021
Senior Director of Supply Chain
What does it mean to be a BrinkerHead? We play like a team, take pride in our culture and seek every opportunity to make people feel special. Life is short. Work happy.
At Brinker, we connect, serve and give to create the best life for our Team Members, Guests and community. Through our cultural beliefs, Brinker empowers its Team Members to positively impact our 4 Key Results: Engaging Team Members, Bringing Back Guests, Growing Sales and Increasing Profits.
Brinker International is an equal opportunity employer; we foster an inclusion environment that promotes respect, diversity of thought and success for all.
Brinker is seeking an experienced director to provide senior leadership on all strategic activities involving Supply Chain support. The senior director will lead a team to develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, SC leadership, and internal stakeholders (Culinary Operations, Strategic Design, Restaurant Operations, Risk Management) to ensure alignment between business strategy and sourcing execution with in procurement.
It is the senior director’s role to ensure the team is positively impacting the business through:
- Designing, Leading, Implementing, Driving Sourcing strategies that support Brinker’s goals for reliable product availability, cost management and increased profitability.
- Leading strategic teams’ initiatives to ensure teams ability to ensure adequate supply of necessary supplies at the right place at the right time.
- Leading team to Successful innovation and implementation of new items.
Your Key Job Functions
- Lead Development and implementation supply chain strategies for each category/ assigned product category to support the joint business objectives of Brinker.
- Lead and Develop a productive and engaged team through effective coaching, priority setting, performance management, and talent selection.
- Lead team in the initiation and development of long-term alliances with suppliers and internal stakeholders to leverage the company’s knowledge and purchasing power and secure the best products, service, quality and price in the industry.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships between the team, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
- Develop strategies for product sourcing and development, supplier negotiations, and effective inventory management to support menu rollouts and new product implementations.
- Oversee team Continually seek out and develop new suppliers to ensure a competitive edge in the industry and the lowest possible delivered cost to all Brinker restaurants.
- Oversee the creation, issuance, and management of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) using appropriate department processes & technology.
- Analyze complex data, negotiate prices and terms, and develop contracting recommendations based on sound judgment, problem solving, and financial analysis.
- Provide regular reports to group and Supply Chain senior leadership on the status of key supplier initiatives and innovation.
- Take a lead role in addressing difficult product and stakeholder support issues; convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure, in a positive and productive manner.
- Ensure that Brinker’s Code of Business Conduct is followed in dealings with all suppliers and distributors.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS or equivalent in skills and training
- 20 or more years of supply chain experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry required, along with 10-15 years of management experience.
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing as well as experience with logistics, supply chain systems and process development.
- Leadership- Ability to establish clear expectations aligned with organizational priorities and build a strong team that can effectively execute against those expectations. Work through others to achieve results, and encourage performance through motivation, recognition and timely feedback. Facilitates knowledge transfer within and outside of the department.
- Strategic Management - Ability to develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities; foresee and take action to deal with problems and opportunities. Assumes personal responsibility for implementing change initiatives by leveraging Culture of Accountability.
- Judgment/Decision Making - Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate business judgments based on sound reasoning, problem solving, and financial analysis. Anticipates potential problems through objective and systematic evaluation of information, and quickly decides on the most appropriate action.
- Coaching and Developing Others – Creates a culture where people seek opportunities for growth, obstacles for development are removed, and appreciative and constructive feedback is practiced.
- Influencing – Makes an impact on the organization by demonstrating subject matter expertise and influencing others’ actions and results, with or without formal authority. Role models strong collaboration by creating cross-functional project teams and building relationships across the organization.
- Relationship management - Ability to interact effectively both formally and informally; foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, suppliers, and franchise partners. Understands and effectively navigates organizational politics, demonstrates Brinker Cultural Beliefs and uses the Culture of Accountability to accomplish objectives.
- Presentation and Reporting Skills - Ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations and reports that will have high level impact with executive and senior level management.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
- Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers
- Join our talent communities! Brinker LinkedIn