Credit Card Accounting
February 3, 2021
Credit Card Accountant
Dallas TX (North Dallas)
The Credit Card Accountant is responsible for day-to-day accounting and administrative support for Brinker’s credit card payments. Accountant duties include ensuring complete and accurate application of GAAP accounting principles as it relates to payments and payment processing, trouble-shooting payment variances, and processing and monitoring payment adjustments. It requires a high level of guest service due to interaction with Guests, restaurant managers and internal team members. Critical to success in this position is the ability to provide swift and accurate completion of payment processing tasks, the ability to pull data from various system resources and trouble-shoot reconciling differences in Microsoft Excel, decision making, prioritization and adaptability.
Your Key Job Functions
- Perform daily matching reconciliation of credit card payments through reconciliation software
- Pull data from various system resources and trouble-shoot payment reconciling differences in Microsoft Excel
- Provide timely and accurate processing and documentation of credit card adjustments
- Provide research and analysis of credit card adjustments to determine if credits and applied payments are necessary and reasonable
- Research and process credit card adjustments through online portals
- Process other payment adjustments through the General Ledger
- Perform quality control reviews of processes in assigned area
- Perform ad hoc research as it arises
- Multi-task various responsibilities at a time
- Ensure PCI and SOX compliance once trained on tasks and provide assistance on audit requests, if applicable
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent business school training
- 2+ years of experience in a related Accounting role
- Accounting systems or ReconNet experience a plus
- Possess high professional ethics and adaptability and flexibility as job responsibilities are broadened with experience
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match and generous dining discounts. Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center (aka Brinker headquarters) is eligible for annual bonus potential.
Our campus includes an onsite gym plus opportunities to increase your wellbeing with onsite Yoga and boot camp programs. Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual and collaborative work environment! Team members enjoy company-wide events and celebrations. Regular volunteer opportunities with our community give back programs.
Check our Careers page for more exciting opportunities! Brinker Careers